Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ESC Service required plus other Warning lights - Help...!

Nun Bob

Hi there, I'm desperate for some help. I keep getting the 'ESC Service' message coming up, as well as 'Hill Start' and 'Parking Pilot' not working messages. As well as Skid control lights and the ABS light displaying. It's intermittent but when it happens, it affects my power steering and the engine doesn't run as smoothly. I've seen someone's reply in the Forum, saying it's a low battery charge. So I'm tempted to get a new one. Do you know if it is a common problem, and if that would fix it ?

I'd really appreciate your help as we're hoping to drive to France next week ..!  Thanks !  Bob

• Sad 1

With just those warnings, it's more likely to be an ABS sensor.  battery would be second on my list.

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Good morning Bob,

There are two possible causes of your problems. Firstly low system voltage, commonly caused by the state of charge of the battery being less than 70%. It can also be caused by poor earth connections between the battery negative and the main chassis earth point. The second possible problem on a 2016 Mondeo would be a faulty ABS wheel sensor which causes the vehicle not to be able to accurately detect the speed of each wheel.

You need to use a multimeter and measure the battery voltage directly on the terminals. Do this approximately 1 hour after the vehicle has been parked. I'll attach a SOC table below, but if your voltage is less than 70% then you need to charge the battery for at least 12 hours with a Smart battery charger. Remember to connect the charger leads with the positive directly to the battery terminal and the negative to the chassis earth point, NOT to the battery negative.

If your battery voltage is correct then you need to use FORScan on a windows laptop and read the stored diagnostic trouble codes (DTC's) don't use a generic code scanner as they don't read all of the Ford specific codes. It will be able to determine if you have a ABS wheel sensor fault, and which wheel it is.

Hope this helps.

Ford - Battery SOC & Text.JPG

• 9 months later...
On 8/14/2023 at 10:53 AM, Nun Bob said:

Hi there, I'm desperate for some help. I keep getting the 'ESC Service' message coming up, as well as 'Hill Start' and 'Parking Pilot' not working messages. As well as Skid control lights and the ABS light displaying. It's intermittent but when it happens, it affects my power steering and the engine doesn't run as smoothly. I've seen someone's reply in the Forum, saying it's a low battery charge. So I'm tempted to get a new one. Do you know if it is a common problem, and if that would fix it ?

I'd really appreciate your help as we're hoping to drive to France next week ..!  Thanks !  Bob

Hi Bob, did the prescribed  solution resolved the issue?

1 hour ago, Adeleke said:

Hi Bob, did the prescribed  solution resolved the issue?

Don't expect a reply from Bob 🙁

Untitled.png

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club