Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondeo Mk5 - help needed to identify connector

techsnap

Can anyone help me identify the connector in the pictures? It is in the back of my Mk5 Mondeo Estate 2015. It is unused and held on a dummy connector bracket, located on the right side of the car, directly in front of the wheel arch, behind the trim panels to the side and rear of the back seats, and side of boot space.

It has two thicker wires connecting to it, one of which is a ground, and four smaller wires.

I had assumed it was the connection for the OEM subwoofer and amp fitted in some versions, but there is no power to the connector at all whether the car is on, off, engine running, radio on etc.

I'm trying to fit an aftermarket subwoofer so this would have been ideal if I was right! Does anyone know what this does, or if it is indeed the subwoofer wiring, how I can activate it? I have Forscan if I need to change ACM settings.

Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_3586 copy.jpg

IMG_3585 copy.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club