Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Sync 3 and Map updates available on Ford account website

SteveP1041

I got this after the 8Gb update... haven't tried it again...

Is there two parts to the update? After around one hour mine states its updated but before you have time to read and understand what's going on and to pull the USB out, the thing starts updating again. It says I'm on F10 maps, but how do you know the full thing is updated? Navigation voice control doesn't seem to be working, so not sure if something has gone wrong. Shall I just put in the USB and let it update again?

20210601_150918.jpg

I am currently on 3.4, Build 20351. Ford says Sync is up to date, but that I need maps (8G - Map_8160020693_Update.zip).

Last time I tried this map update, I got ERR01.

I am now preparing a map update from Cyan labs (F10 - maps only), will this install???? 

11 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

I am currently on 3.4, Build 20351. Ford says Sync is up to date, but that I need maps (8G - Map_8160020693_Update.zip).

Last time I tried this map update, I got ERR01.

I am now preparing a map update from Cyan labs (F10 - maps only), will this install???? 

At least that was the idea, but 'Maps Only' with Cyan Labs updater doesn't write anything to the SyncMyRide folder..... unless I update Sync as well (to 20120).

Getting a bit p!**ed off with this!

1 minute ago, Sneezy24 said:

At least that was the idea, but 'Maps Only' with Cyan Labs updater doesn't write anything to the SyncMyRide folder..... unless I update Sync as well (to 20120).

Getting a bit p!**ed off with this!

Update Sync too? 21020 is the latest one offered by Ford.

4 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

Update Sync too? 21020 is the latest one offered by Ford.

Ford doesn't offer me this, it seems happy that I am on 20351!

4 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

Ford doesn't offer me this, it seems happy that I am on 20351!

I know, you stated that. But you were going down the Cyan Labs route for the maps but stated it wouldn't work without updating Sync. So just update Sync too.

5 minutes ago, shawty1984 said:

I know, you stated that. But you were going down the Cyan Labs route for the maps but stated it wouldn't work without updating Sync. So just update Sync too.

Ran the Cyan labs updater, it seems to have JUST given me SYNC updates.

image.thumb.png.104c91675789b1ae5657094c92930c4b.png

I assume this will give me 21020 - do I then need to repeat stating this new build level, and request F10 maps????

34 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

Ran the Cyan labs updater, it seems to have JUST given me SYNC updates.

image.thumb.png.104c91675789b1ae5657094c92930c4b.png

I assume this will give me 21020 - do I then need to repeat stating this new build level, and request F10 maps????

I've never used CyanLabs so I don't know, sorry.

I have successfully updated my maps to F10 and found in my case to be a 3 stage process.

First enter the vehicle, start engine and plug in usb drive it should then recognise and start downloading the first part of the update. After about an hour it flashes up updated but thats only the first part and you have to do a power cycle to enable the second part of the update to start. After about an hour it again flashes up updated but again you have to do a power cycle before the final part completes. The final part only takes about 2 or 3 minuets as it only checks and writes the successful update log file to the usb drive. Also, this is the only time it specifically says that the update has successfully completed and its now safe to removed your usb drive.

I kept my engine running during the entire update process apart from of course when carrying out the power cycles.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, PLB said:

I have successfully updated my maps to F10 and found in my case to be a 3 stage process.

First enter the vehicle, start engine and plug in usb drive it should then recognise and start downloading the first part of the update. After about an hour it flashes up updated but thats only the first part and you have to do a power cycle to enable the second part of the update to start. After about an hour it again flashes up updated but again you have to do a power cycle before the final part completes. The final part only takes about 2 or 3 minuets as it only checks and writes the successful update log file to the usb drive. Also, this is the only time it specifically says that the update has successfully completed and its now safe to removed your usb drive.

I kept my engine running during the entire update process apart from of course when carrying out the power cycles.

Totally different to my experience. After around 1 hour, I had the message on Sync to state it had been updated (after it had rebooted itself), before I could do any key cycle or take the USB out, it started updating again. 

I think I'll just plug it back in and see what happens. 

23 hours ago, PLB said:

It has now worked for me and voice for navigation also works.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, shawty1984 said:

It has now worked for me and voice for navigation also works.

Excellent, 👍🙂

Well  I downloaded the interrogator tool and uploaded the results to ford, the website then gave my just 5 files to install, but yet again MEM-ERR01.

Phoned the number given, spoke to them for 20 mins at she took all my details (why the hell do they need a copy of V5 form) ford never got back to me in any form at all, so looks like I'm stuck with whatever is on my sync system and no more updates. 🤬😟

UPDATE

After send a DM tweet to ford-uk I now have a case number

"I am contacting you today on behalf of your case manager Beth, I hope this is okay.

In order for us to look into your concern, please can you email in a copy of your V5 at your earliest convenience.

Once we have this, we will then contact our tech support team to investigate your concern.

Your case manager will next be in touch no later than 5pm on the 9th

Kind regards,"

Edited by Mark-UK

On 5/28/2021 at 10:12 PM, Tizer said:

Strange, mine is only 950 MB and slightly different.1265417469_Screenshot(315).thumb.png.e09b092c26e747213b942b2685d1e7d9.png

An update to this for anyone else whose Sync Update disappeared from the website as well.

I originally downloaded the above 950 MB update last month but before I had a chance to load it I read the posts from others who said that the update had disappeared from the website. Mine had also disappeared so I did not upload it because I thought mine must have been pulled because there was a problem with it. I checked again this morning and I now have a 2.6 GB update to download and the F10 Maps seems to be waiting as well.

I will post again when I have downloaded and compared it to the one that was pulled. I was on 3.4, 20351, F9. 

• Like 1

Just checked, I have a 3.3GB update... currently downloading, I'll see what it actually is when it has finished.

I have Auto-Update set in the car, and I'm logged into my Wi-Fi. Signal is decent when parked on the drive, but it never seems to do anything!

54 minutes ago, Sneezy24 said:

Just checked, I have a 3.3GB update... currently downloading, I'll see what it actually is when it has finished.

I have Auto-Update set in the car, and I'm logged into my Wi-Fi. Signal is decent when parked on the drive, but it never seems to do anything!

It will be Sync version 21020

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

An update to this for anyone else whose Sync Update disappeared from the website as well.

I originally downloaded the above 950 MB update last month but before I had a chance to load it I read the posts from others who said that the update had disappeared from the website. Mine had also disappeared so I did not upload it because I thought mine must have been pulled because there was a problem with it. I checked again this morning and I now have a 2.6 GB update to download and the F10 Maps seems to be waiting as well.

I will post again when I have downloaded and compared it to the one that was pulled. I was on 3.4, 20351, F9. 

The new amended update now includes 5U5T-14G391-ANtar.gz   Approximately 1.6GB. The other 6 files are the same as before. Any idea what the new one is @colinmcg71?

2 hours ago, Tizer said:

The new amended update now includes 5U5T-14G391-ANtar.gz   Approximately 1.6GB. The other 6 files are the same as before. Any idea what the new one is @colinmcg71?

Hi John, 

That’s the latest system voice file. 👍🏼

• Thanks 1

Once Sync has been updated in car and on the Ford website, do I delete the files before downloding the maps? 

45 minutes ago, Scottyghia said:

Once Sync has been updated in car and on the Ford website, do I delete the files before downloding the maps? 

I assume you mean from the USB stick?

Yes, reformatting is probably a good idea before extracting the map files to the stick.

When I plug usb into the car I’m getting a msg saying “untitled detected’ 

the stick (which is just drive E untitled on the pc) I’ve extracted both the sync update and the syncmyride files onto the stick. I’ll attach a photo.

1 minute ago, Alex.S said:

When I plug usb into the car I’m getting a msg saying “untitled detected’ 

the stick (which is just drive E untitled on the pc) I’ve extracted both the sync update and the syncmyride files onto the stick. I’ll attach a photo.

9AA784F5-3830-4D94-86B2-68AEAE6668D6.thumb.jpeg.1013a4fc6e05af905c293a2233c6f8e9.jpegA

It’s detected the usb , probably calling it untitled for obvious reasons but it’s not going to software updating msg. 

Any ideas? 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club