Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Android Headunit Help - Mk3

IllogicalCpt

Hi Everyone, I decided to upgrade my head unit to an android unit and I'm having a few issues... the main sticking point is over the steering wheel controls, I just cannot get them working the unit seems to be plug and play but they just won't work... this is the one I got...

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0914R959X?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

went for it due to the 4gb of ram, came with a canbus box and it does recognise when I put the car in reverse as it tries to show the reverse camera so there is some comms going on but just cannot figure out why I can't program the steering wheel controls

The steering wheel controls are not related to the CANbus network at all.

The steering wheel controls are a simple 2-wire resistance circuit (every button has a different resistance). On the original setup the steering wheel control is connected to the FCDIM (display). On the aftermarket Android radio harness there must be a connector that connects the steering wheel control wires at the FCDIM connector to the radio.

• Like 1

Well I sorted it in the end, I managed to get into the back end config and found the canbus setting was misconfigured I changed the canbus manufacturer for the one actually on the box itself and it sprang into life, now getting door information, temperature and the steering wheel controls are working... jobs a good'n

• Like 2

• 2 years later...
On 6/1/2021 at 12:00 AM, IllogicalCpt said:

Well I sorted it in the end, I managed to get into the back end config and found the canbus setting was misconfigured I changed the canbus manufacturer for the one actually on the box itself and it sprang into life, now getting door information, temperature and the steering wheel controls are working... jobs a good'n

Heloo..i have the same problem..i just upgrade my fiesta 2011 with an android unit from alyexpress..i mounted it..and i have problema from the start...the canbus is not reconised..the wheel and panel don't work...PLEASE HELP ME AND LEARN ME how to solve the problem!!!thank youuu in advance

20240123_145000.jpg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club