Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Cheapest DIESEL and PETROL prices in the UK

unofix

Its probably been done before but I thought it might just be intresting to see how the price of Diesel and Petrol varries across the UK.

I Just filled up at a garage in Bishop Auckland, County Durham and the prices were: Diesel £1.24,8 per litre and Petrol £1.22,8 per litre

How does that compare to your area ?

That's a lot cheaper than the gas prices here in Manchester. Regular gasoline costs $2.92/per litre in Big Y Express. 

Currently, unleaded is £1.24 in my local Asda, though a few months back in full lockdown, I could buy petrol for 99p/liter!

2037021000_99ppetrol.thumb.jpg.1518486c2ccd1d403339deb06ae2172e.jpg

125.7 up to 131.4 nearest to me is the most expensive.that's petrol, diesel 126.3 to 127.5, ***** typical as I've just changed to petrol and only getting 44 should have stuck to diesel 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hascrate said:

Manchester. Regular gasoline costs $2.92/per litre in Big Y Express.

I assume that is not Manchester England or are they now using Dollars in that part of the country !! 🤣

10 minutes ago, unofix said:

I assume that is not Manchester England or are they now using Dollars in that part of the country !! 🤣

Judging by 'Big Y Express' , an American retailer, and there are about 30 x 'Manchesters' in USA LOL

10 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

American retailer

Yes but he is quoting prices in litres. The americans don't know what a litre is 🤣

Could be Canada

3 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes but he is quoting prices in litres. The americans don't know what a litre is 🤣

Could be Canada

You are absolutely correct, and they can't even get gallons correct as there's is smaller than a proper one! LOL

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

2037021000_99ppetrol.thumb.jpg.1518486c2ccd1d403339deb06ae2172e.jpg

"When you're not sure if you've outstayed your welcome and are waiting for a hint" :biggrin:

Cheapest diesel here currently is £1.28.9, petrol 4p cheaper.

Probably worth pointing out, that in the 90s, diesel was half the price of petrol, then the government declared it to be the fuel of the future, and subsequently offered huge subsidies for new car buyers. When it reached a critical volume of diesels on the road, the fuel tax rose leaving it to the current status of being more expensive than petrol.

Beware of governments offering the 'car of the future', they have form - just sayin' LOL

• Like 1

Just wait till all the cars are electric, the poor poor govement will not be able to charge all that tax on diesel and petrol. What will they do ? How will they make ends meet ?

Oh I know, They will just put a 50% fuel tax on all electricity and of course then charge 20% VAT on the whole bill, they best hurry up and get all those smart metres installed.

Just now, unofix said:

Just wait till all the cars are electric, the poor poor govement will not be able to charge all that tax on diesel and petrol. What will they do ? How will they make ends meet ?

Oh I know, They will just put a 50% fuel tax on all electricity and of course then charge 20% on the whole bill, they best hurry up and get all those smart metres installed.

Careful buddy, you're turning into someone just as cynical as I am LOL

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I use Asda petrol and around £1.23.9 and car runs o.k on it,i have a very local B.P garage at about £1.28 but the pumps and garage is run bad,old pumps etc.and not paying that.

1.32-1.36 unleaded and 1.34-1.38 diesel in my town.  there is a garage cheaper by 2-3p but as far as I've known the tanks have never been changed since I did my apprenticeship in the workshops behind pumps. And that was in the early 80's. So I wouldnt  risk there. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club