Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Motor Legal Protection Insurance.

ScaniaPBman

I have 3 cars all roadworthy, taxed, insured, and used regularly. All Ford Focuses since you ask.

At renewal of the 3 motor policies they all offer the choice of Motor Legal Protection Insurance at an extra charge of around £30 for each car making £90 a year for this service.

It is possible to have stand alone legal protection by a separate policy, one from the RAC cost £15.

Has anyone here gone down this route?

What's your opinion and experience?

I am hesitating about this, it would save me £90 - £15 = £75 a year.

It seems to fall into the category of being to good to be true.

All comments appreciated.

ScaniaPBman.

• 5 months later...

I know it's too late for you this year, but...

Does EACH CAR need its own cover? I would have thought it's YOU who need the cover rather than your car(s), so one policy should be OK (though check the small print).

It may be that £15 is the right price, and the £30 is too high if it's made up of arrangement fees, admin overheads and profit margins???

My experience is that I've never taken it out and I've never needed it in 40 years (famous last words!) so the £15 route is the route I would go down in your position.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

bit late to the party here, but I never take out legal insurance with my car insurance.  Way too expensive.  I use this company and have done for many years.  Not had to use the policy yet, fingers crossed.  Pretty good for £9.99.  https://bestpricefs.co.uk/motor-legal-protection/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Alec1 said:

never take out legal insurance with my car insurance

Why would you want it if you have fully comprehensive insurance ?

2 hours ago, unofix said:

Why would you want it if you have fully comprehensive insurance ?

Can be quite useful if you find yourself claiming against, or contesting a claim from, an uninsured third party, on matters which might fall  outside the scope of your normal insurance cover. Things such as loss of earnings, physiotherapy, prosecution defence, etc. 

Well, I went ahead with the RAC policy as mentioned above, not taking out any Legal Protection Policies when renewing my car insurances.

When looking through the small print of the RAC policy it all seemed open and straight forward bearing in mind I have no legal background. Never underestimate the ability of insurance companies to put one over on a customer. I feel slightly safer since the RAC have been involved.

Like alanfp I too have never needed this cover in the last 40 years of owning cars, if anything comes along soon watch for a report from me.

ScaniaPBman.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club