Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Error after oil change

V0NST3V3

Hi all, hope someone can help. 

Did an oil and filter change on an 1.6tdci ford Smax this morning, then gone to drive it and it's come up with engine malfunction. 

Given that I have touched so few systems I'm thinking it's either too much oil - would that throw an error, or I haven't fitted the new filter correctly.

I have an OBD2 reader and it just said manufacturer control, which brings up no results anywhere. 

Edit - I have checked the oil level and it's half way between that marks on the dipstick so I don't think too much oil would be the problem. 

Edit 2 - Turns out I don't know how to read my OBD2 scanner, the error is P2598 which is turbo related!

Any ideas?

Without knowing what the code is it's hard to say, especially if you've only touched the oil and oil filter? 

Did you disconnect the MAF sensor, is it plugged back in properly?

Have you trapped a vacuum pipe in the oil filter housing?

• Thanks 1

Is the oil pressure light on as well?  If not, the filter shouldn't be restricting the flow.

I reckon you've just accidentally knocked a sensor tbh.  Or left the air pipe loose after refitting?

You'd need Forscan to read the Ford specific code.

• Thanks 1

Just added an edit, for some reason I didn't notice that the fault code showing was P2598 which is the turbo. I must have knocked something or its just a really bad bit of timing that something has gone wrong now. 

Turbocharger Boost Control Position Sensor "A" Performance - Stuck Lo... I think you've trapped the vacuum pipe I was talking about

Thanks for all your help, the line wasn't trapped but had come off the bottom of the actuator. It was super loose so didn't take much to fall off. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club