Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying NEW Focus 2022 (facelift)

emet

On 1/15/2022 at 9:10 PM, Alex.S said:

Good advice from my learned friend. I’ve got a petrol Mk4 180hp/240nm . 0-60 in 8.2 seconds. Not a hot hatch but pretty quick. A pleasure to drive. 
Which auto box? Mk4 8 speed torque converter dial gear selector is very good. For the Mk4.5 I’ve read maybe a 7 speed powershift. Like many others I’m waiting to see what Ford will offer us… 

7.7 sec by Carwow

• Like 1

Is there a thread on buying used Ford Focus? Maybe £10-£15k 

So a mk3.5 I’d think? Has to be an auto 

Anyone point me in the right direction? 

My sister just had a car salesmen tell her cars these days are made to do 300k miles! 😆 

P***k 😆 

• Haha 2

44 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Is there a thread on buying used Ford Focus? Maybe £10-£15k 

So a mk3.5 I’d think? Has to be an auto 

Anyone point me in the right direction? 

£15k can get a Mk4 auto with either the 1.0EB or 1.5 TDCi in low to mid spec.

Main problem is going to be powershift gearbox with the 1.0 Focus.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

£15k can get a Mk4 auto with either the 1.0EB or 1.5 TDCi in low to mid spec.

Main problem is going to be powershift gearbox with the 1.0 Focus.  

The powershift box on the 1l , is that mk3.5 focus you mean Tom? 

52 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

My sister just had a car salesmen tell her cars these days are made to do 300k miles! 😆 

P***k 😆 

I think you'll find the clue is in your comment, 'SalesMan!!' LOL

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

I think you'll find the clue is in your comment, 'SalesMan!!' LOL

Many miles has your mk2 done Stephen ? And what car would you buy if you had £15k ? 

10 grand on a car and 5 grand on hookers and cocaine 🧐 ?

• Haha 2

Hi Alex, as you know used car prices are just crazy at the moment so you're probably right that for 10 to 15K it's going to be a Focus Mk3.5 which is a very nice car.

Personally I would sacrifice a little age, and/or mileage and try and go for a higher spec model rather than a newer poverty spec. I personally don't have a very high opinion of the 1.0 Ecoboost which is the main reason I have a diesel (auto), but there are many on the forum who swear by them (or I think that's what they mean).

At the end of the day she wants something reliable, comfortable to drive and reasonable running costs, so it looks like the answer is a 'Hyundai i10' 🤣 ... only kidding !!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex.S said:

The powershift box on the 1l , is that mk3.5 focus you mean Tom? 

Yes that's the one.  The diesel uses a different box with less problems.

• Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Many miles has your mk2 done Stephen ? And what car would you buy if you had £15k ? 

The old girl has covered 110,000 miles now. With that kind of cash, I would love to splash out on a Mk2 jaguar (the old 'Morse' car, totally impractical, cr*p mpg, expensive to run, and low on proper power & braking, but I adore that car...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

The old girl has covered 110,000 miles now. With that kind of cash, I would love to splash out on a Mk2 jaguar (the old 'Morse' car, totally impractical, cr*p mpg, expensive to run, and low on proper power & braking, but I adore that car...

Funny you should mention Jaguar. My sister asks my advice about this and that then 2 hours later tells me she’s paid a deposit on a 2013 Jaguar D Sport 2.2L  !! 
It’s got 103,000 on the clock! 
A competition without a prize …….how much do you guys think a car like that cost? In the current situation? 

Also, advise required. 

The MOT on it expired in July 2021. This has alarm bells ringing for me. Should I be concerned about that?
Had a look on the gov website mot history, nothing major on there.  

4 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Funny you should mention Jaguar. My sister asks my advice about this and that then 2 hours later tells me she’s paid a deposit on a 2013 Jaguar D Sport 2.2L  !! 
It’s got 103,000 on the clock! 
A competition without a prize …….how much do you guys think a car like that cost? In the current situation? 

That is so out of my wheelhouse LOL It's a fine car, not to my taste, but I'm sure your sis is thrilled. OK, I'll kick off... £12k??

Garage (not a dealership) say they’ll mot it and do a 1 year warranty for £350. 

When it comes to warranties, especially back street dealers , what should I be looking for/out for ? 

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

That is so out of my wheelhouse LOL It's a fine car, not to my taste, but I'm sure your sis is thrilled. OK, I'll kick off... £12k??

£10k , had to google wheelhouse! Lol 

• Haha 1

Bit of background, my sis has lived abroad for many years , so no credit in uk or no claims . Insurance group is 39 she says ! 

10 minutes ago, Alex.S said:

Is group 39 not Aston Martin territory? 

Aston Martin Vantage is number 50, highest group there is!  Mk3 Focus RS is 40 though lol. 

Expired MOT not really an issue, just means it's sat at the dealership a while.

As for warranty...wouldn't expect much from any aftermarket warranty tbh. 

• Thanks 1

Just to clarify,

The Automatic Transmission in the MK4.5 1.5 Diesel, is the same as in the MK4 - 8 speed Torque converter, with rotary selector

The Powershift 7 speed automatic in the MK4.5 1.0 Petrol  (and very late MK4, but I doubt they built many) IS NOT related to the 6 speed Powershift used in the MK3. This uses a conventional selector, no rotary. Transmission also used in Fiesta & Puma

• Thanks 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club