Do Not Sell My Personal Information

key lost down a drain

mrmetallica

2 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

.. ive ordered a bigger magnet ...

• Like 1

Got to admire the perseverance!!

Though I'll be amazed if the casing has prevented water ingress after being down there so long now. :sad:

5 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Got to admire the perseverance!!

Though I'll be amazed if the casing has prevented water ingress after being down there so long now. :sad:

as long as i get the blade and the transponder back

dont wait for me lol

• Like 1

What's the diameter of the gully ? 

Can you not get a garden fork into the chamber to loosen up the crude at the bottom ? 

Tbh the fob should be sat on top of any compacted debris that was already sat it the bottom of the gully and is it a gully with a trap in it or a direct feed to the main drain with no trap ?

This is getting more like SOAP, the latenight US comedy show of the 70's or 80's haha

stay tuned for more LOL

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Wino said:

What's the diameter of the gully ? 

Can you not get a garden fork into the chamber to loosen up the crude at the bottom ? 

Tbh the fob should be sat on top of any compacted debris that was already sat it the bottom of the gully and is it a gully with a trap in it or a direct feed to the main drain with no trap ?

its fairly wide could get a hoe in it and do that i can get the cover off. it has up the side 2 holes i assume to take the water away when it reaches set hight

How deep is the drain? Are we talking deeper than an arm's length? Are you able to get the cover off the drain?

Why are you spending so much time and effort when you originally said you had 3 spare?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mrmetallica said:

its fairly wide could get a hoe in it and do that i can get the cover off. it has up the side 2 holes i assume to take the water away when it reaches set hight

I'm not convinced that disturbing the compact crud (sediment) is going to make it any easier as in theory the fob should be sat on top of this unless you have already disturbed it in whi h case you will of either buried the fob deeper or worse still broken it if you have struck it inadvertently whilst trying to loosen it up.

18 minutes ago, iantt said:

Why are you spending so much time and effort when you originally said you had 3 spare?

Definitely the principal of the matter now lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I wouldn't be faffing about I'm sure unless it's the only one I had. But there again , I can cut and programme as many replacements as I need. Had to programme a set of fobs on a brand new car today due to some idiot driver loosing them . 

Actually he lost 2 sets yesterday, but we found one set today. 

1 minute ago, iantt said:

I wouldn't be faffing about I'm sure unless it's the only one I had. But there again , I can cut and programme as many replacements as I need. Had to programme a set of fobs on a brand new car today due to some idiot driver loosing them . 

Did he lose them down a drain 🙊

• Haha 4

No idea, not found the one set yet. Trouble is both keys are kept on the same key tag. Loose one you loose both. Quite a regular thing unfortunately. 

This has got a more exciting plot line than Eastenders and Corrie put together. 🎉

Why have we not had photos of the drain ??? 🤔

Seems like we need a "How to" guide 🤣 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

How deep is the drain? Are we talking deeper than an arm's length? Are you able to get the cover off the drain?

it is deeper than the arm i can take the cover off

1 hour ago, iantt said:

because its one of the original keys ive lost. the other 2 arnt great just cheapo blanks i had cut

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, unofix said:

This has got a more exciting plot line than Eastenders and Corrie put together. 🎉

Why have we not had photos of the drain ??? 🤔

Seems like we need a "How to" guide 🤣 🤣

id probably loose my phone down there lol

• Haha 1

Who are you selling the film rights to ?

Columbia Pictures.

Warner Bros.

Paramount Pictures.

Universal Pictures.

Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer (MGM)

United Artists (UA)

20th Century Fox/20th Century Studios.

RKO Radio Pictures/RKO Pictures.

What I'd like to know is, if you park your car over the drain can you still get in the car with the key in the drain ? 😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, unofix said:

Columbia Pictures.

Warner Bros.

Paramount Pictures.

Universal Pictures.

United Artists (UA)

Title of the film........

GULLY  as in (Sully) 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wino said:

What I'd like to know is, if you park your car over the drain can you still get in the car with the key in the drain ? 😂

I did think this lol...  As the drain is at the end of his drive the car was probably unlockable for the first few days until the battery got lunched from stagnant water... :laugh: 

13 hours ago, mrmetallica said:

it is deeper than the arm i can take the cover off

I can't visualise the drain but can you not 'dig' it out? Using some kind of scoop on the end of a long stick 🤷‍♂️

14 hours ago, unofix said:

Columbia Pictures.

Warner Bros.

Paramount Pictures.

Universal Pictures.

United Artists (UA)

are we alloyed to advertise lol

40 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I can't visualise the drain but can you not 'dig' it out? Using some kind of scoop on the end of a long stick 🤷‍♂️

i have been getting loads of it out with a net but it must be a foot or more deep and me trying to get it with a net has loosened it up

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club