Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Transit Custom 'service now light' Regen??

RPW

Morning all

Had my 2nd transit custom a few months now, been good as gold, apart from the service needed light comes on every now & then. 

I had a full service done after about a month of owning it & they reset the service light at the time. I did take it back the first time it happened & they reset it again, but it's still coming on.

Stays on for a few minutes, then off again. 

On the 2017 Custom, when they go into regen, do you get the warning? (my old 63 plate never did, but I thought they changed it on the later vans)

Could it be the regen starting?

I've got no handbook so can't look it up

Cheers all  

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/download-your-manual

Link to Owners manual. 

Is it a message warning service now or oil change warning. 

service now warning isn't an actual service/maintenance due . It's a warning message when there's a fault in the engine fueling/emmisions . 

A mate of mine had this message come up on his transit custom a couple of times and when he used a code reader he got a code suggesting a problem with 1 of the injectors.

• Like 1

On 2/27/2022 at 9:52 AM, iantt said:

https://www.ford.co.uk/owner/my-vehicle/download-your-manual

Link to Owners manual. 

Is it a message warning service now or oil change warning. 

Service now warning isn't an actual service/maintenance due . It's a warning message when there's a fault in the engine fueling/emmisions . 

It's a 'service Now' message I'm sure of it. When my old 63 plate custom was in regen you could hear & feel the difference. But I don't think I've known this van to go into regen yet.

It only last about 1-5min then it's gone. No change in the way the van feels/ drives while it's on

Thanks for the link

On 2/27/2022 at 6:44 PM, MarkRS9 said:

A mate of mine had this message come up on his transit custom a couple of times and when he used a code reader he got a code suggesting a problem with 1 of the injectors.

😢 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club