Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is it possible to turn fog lights into cornering lights

Joshmoore02

Hi all, I was wondering if it’s possible to somehow make my fog lights come on as cornering lights. I have a fiesta mk7.5 zetec. Has anybody done this previously? Thanks

I'd imagine you'd need software like Forscan or UCDS, and also the nerves of steel to rewrite your cars Modules!

If its even possible on the mk7.5... I know it is on the Focus Mk4 etc...

• Like 1

As above, if it is possible then you will be able to do it via Forscan. 

As long as you make copies of your AS-BUILT parameters then it's relatively safe to do it. I've done a lot with Forscan on my MK5 Mondeo and MK3.5 Focus, including changes to power output etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

As above, if it is possible then you will be able to do it via Forscan. 

As long as you make copies of your AS-BUILT parameters then it's relatively safe to do it. I've done a lot with Forscan on my MK5 Mondeo and MK3.5 Focus, including changes to power output etc. 

Yup, Backup Backup Backup... and Backup again!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TDCiST said:

I make a full back up of everything the first time I run Forscan on a new car. Then when it comes to making changes I screenshot the entire screen and save that to the cloud and take a photo of the screen too. Can't be too careful.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I make a full back up of everything the first time I run Forscan on a new car. Then when it comes to making changes I screenshot the entire screen and save that to the cloud and take a photo of the screen too. Can't be too careful.

We wont talk of the 10 minutes of panic I had the other day after enabling launch control and then having "Drive Modes not Available"...

Came back after a couple of ignition cycles luckily!

I now also have many many backups of every as-built (well, and now the modified as-builts)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TDCiST said:

I’ll get forscan set up fairly soon and I’ll post in here about how I get on it with it. Thanks for your help lads. Also going to get some LED fog lights soon to complete the full LED swap I’ve done to the headlights.

• Like 2

It's not possible on MK7 Fiesta and only possible on MK3.5 Focus if you fit the Xenon headlamps and the HCMs and then the cornering lights are in the headlamps, not the fogs.

If you do a bit of research though, someone has invented a "jumper" box for the MK3 Focus that will make the fogs work as cornering lights, but it's very expensive. I would imagine this would work on MK7 Fiesta also

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club