Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone got a Tesla (Android entertainment system) ?

TimothyMK7
聽Share

Hi All,

Just replaced my dearly beloved Lupo with a MK7 Fiesta Titanium and so I'm looking at replacing the entertainment system. (Red screen, not sony)

Thought about bringing my Kenwood double DIN unit across, but the cost of adapters is so high 馃槷

If I'm going to spend over 拢150 I think I might be better off buying one of those chinese android touchscreen systems I see on eBay.

They're huge but they don't look out of place on the Fiesta dash.

I'm always skeptical buying stuff from china on eBay and the only videos I've seen on youtube are in languages I don't speak. They will look quite good though.

Does anyone here have one of these types ? I see them referred to as "Tesla" on aliexpress

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304370796885?hash=item46dde9c955:g:~SAAAOSwCptiFvmQ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4G7mSLn2j0rWx1AgiFTGDy917caoUEsaoCYQUe1S39cvRB3sLx7zOdY57DKe2xhb1GmhbR4bc5PTkZoipGEhiJNNJ5s4K%2BAutLn%2BQCheN5%2BFF3Ugj24gY668h2jpCpMAzjGyLia3hIBjFKqjBoRB90XZ%2FTQgnwyr6Tj5JMBAoTPEgKRKhXhLWpkvHMYlLMGdeGIN0hixCujaLAR8IBq8xsPdwWwy8aY14ZhQ%2BYx%2B7DrfZsxneBpillTKSVRVxOmAE3wUfyURvG1eqf2vQECjXhjLj3Ajlgb9RaGtS5cn038x|tkp%3ABFBMtJXHrZ9g

I'm really interested if the music system works well, is the sound quality any good?

I'd also be looking at a DAB adapter as I listen to Radio X

They claim to be compaitlble with steering controls and climate controls etc, does it work?

Anyone got one with cameras working?

My car doesn't have reverse camera or sensors so I'm thinking of adding that too.

I would only buy one of the known brand unit,as the Chinese ones have no support, and usually stop being updated within a few months of their release, also that one in your post is now 2 versions of Android behind, better of with either your double din or an android carplay double din

• Like 1

known brand units also have there problems some kenwood units for example suffer from dust becoming trapped behind the screen. known brands are also substantially more expensive to buy. for the cost of installation of a standard DD you cold get the radio linked above that looks really good in my opinion. although sound and screen quality looks questionable. would transition lag throughout the interface聽 be an issue? stability of bluetooth wifi connections? does it suffer from random crashes and reboots?

if you do go ahead and purchase can you leave a review?

Yeah, those are the sorts of issues I'm concerned about. If I do buy one I will certainly post a review.

I think Android 10 is good enough, as long as the system has the official google play store and apps update through there, it should keep working for a good few years. I've got an Android 11 phone but refuse to update it to Android 12 because I tried once and it was terrible.

Is it possible to replace the main body of the Fiesta stereo with a double DIN unit and leave the original dashboard display intact?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/25/2022 at 7:45 PM, TimothyMK7 said:

Hi All,

Just replaced my dearly beloved Lupo with a MK7 Fiesta Titanium and so I'm looking at replacing the entertainment system. (Red screen, not sony)

Thought about bringing my Kenwood double DIN unit across, but the cost of adapters is so high 馃槷

If I'm going to spend over 拢150 I think I might be better off buying one of those chinese android touchscreen systems I see on eBay.

They're huge but they don't look out of place on the Fiesta dash.

I'm always skeptical buying stuff from china on eBay and the only videos I've seen on youtube are in languages I don't speak. They will look quite good though.

Does anyone here have one of these types ? I see them referred to as "Tesla" on aliexpress

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/304370796885?hash=item46dde9c955:g:~SAAAOSwCptiFvmQ&amdata=enc%3AAQAHAAAA4G7mSLn2j0rWx1AgiFTGDy917caoUEsaoCYQUe1S39cvRB3sLx7zOdY57DKe2xhb1GmhbR4bc5PTkZoipGEhiJNNJ5s4K%2BAutLn%2BQCheN5%2BFF3Ugj24gY668h2jpCpMAzjGyLia3hIBjFKqjBoRB90XZ%2FTQgnwyr6Tj5JMBAoTPEgKRKhXhLWpkvHMYlLMGdeGIN0hixCujaLAR8IBq8xsPdwWwy8aY14ZhQ%2BYx%2B7DrfZsxneBpillTKSVRVxOmAE3wUfyURvG1eqf2vQECjXhjLj3Ajlgb9RaGtS5cn038x|tkp%3ABFBMtJXHrZ9g

I'm really interested if the music system works well, is the sound quality any good?

I'd also be looking at a DAB adapter as I listen to Radio X

They claim to be compaitlble with steering controls and climate controls etc, does it work?

Anyone got one with cameras working?

My car doesn't have reverse camera or sensors so I'm thinking of adding that too.

Hi. I install in my focus 2020 the usuall unit because the tesla not so poverful. Now working with audio system wanna make some kind of uniq car. Have to spend a lot of time and a lot of mooooney for that.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, garry stuart1990 said:

Hi. I install in my focus 2020 the XXXXXXXXXX because the tesla not so poverful. Now working with audio system wanna make some kind of uniq car. Have to spend a lot of time and a lot of mooooney for that.

So you removed the SYNC3 system on a 2020 Focus Mk4 which was still under Ford's warranty and replaced it with a bit of Chinese aftermarket kit. 馃ぃ聽 There are not many people on the forum who would deliberately void the warranty on their car. Or is it you just fancy advertising the product ???? 馃

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well I bought one of these units. It arrived today and I've mostly installed it. Cost me 拢200 to eBay and 拢50 to the tax man

Installation was pretty easy. Fitting the vents was a pain though.

Having a bit of trouble setting it up with the car control stuff. Steering wheel controls don't work. On screen stuff to control the aircon doesn't work. But the info about the fan speed updates on screen when I turn the knob. Maybe needs more configuring, but maybe it's just not compatible with my car.

I know there's like a million different versions of everything with this model Fiesta. I've got the steering wheel controls with the M button. Not sure what the significance of this is.

The android side of it seems to work ok. Installed maps.me and a few other apps, which run ok. GPS seems very accurate.聽 I think it's actually running Android 8, despite the advert saying 10 and some apps reporting it as 9.

Will be fiddling with this thing for ages I expect.

Got the steering remote controls working. You have to "learn" the remote codes using a menu.

• Like 1

Two things currently not working:

Trip computer has reverted to metric

Auto-fold wing mirrors no longer linked to central locking

The WiFi antenna is terrible so I have to use my mobile phone as a hotspot. Will be getting a better antenna but because the current one is just a wire, I will have to fashion an antenna connector onto it first.

Have installed several apps. The ones that come with the system run like a dog. Third party apps perform much better. Currently trying out some different "Home screen" / Launcher apps.

Will post some photos soon.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hey,

I have just purchased the exact same unit.聽

i have had the same problems.

how exactly did you get the steering controls to work?聽

i am really struggling. Help would be appreciated.

also did you fix the wing mirror issue or are you just gonna leave it?

I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about the wing mirrors. I do them manually when I leave the car.

I'll check the menu system in my car and let you know how to get to it. It's something to do with Protocol settings, loads of menu items to look through.

1 hour ago, TimothyMK7 said:

I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can do about the wing mirrors. I do them manually when I leave the car.

I'll check the menu system in my car and let you know how to get to it. It's something to do with Protocol settings, loads of menu items to look through.

Thanks buddy . Really appreciate. I almost had an accident changing the volume.聽

It's actually not as hard to find as I remembered, it's an option on the left side menu "Steering Learn" from the main Settings screen.

I've uploaded this video

42 minutes ago, TimothyMK7 said:

It's actually not as hard to find as I remembered, it's an option on the left side menu "Steering Learn" from the main Settings screen.

I've uploaded this video

Sorted it mate.聽
thanks.

it鈥檚 a shame there is no fix for the wing mirrors.聽

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club