Do Not Sell My Personal Information

the best stuff to remove bird mess

timuss

Any recommendations for the best thing to use to remove bird mess reidue before washing?

On a variety of cars over the years I've found that hot water does the trick. The other day there was a massive deposit by the aerial that I left for several days. It came off after three applications of hot water. Perhaps it can depend on what the bird had eaten?

A new kitchen scourer pad and a good squirt of Cif lemon cream and the bird poo will come right off. Some have reported that the paint is a bit dull afterwards 🤣

• Haha 2

43 minutes ago, unofix said:

A new kitchen scourer pad and a good squirt of Cif lemon cream and the bird poo will come right off. Some have reported that the paint is a bit dull afterwards 🤣

Perfect why didn't i think of that😂

• Haha 1

Glass cleaner works a treat. 

I find it helps by keeping the paint waxed/sealed as the poo won't stick to it so well. Water from a trigger spray bottle will normally be enough to loosen it. And as above hot water and maybe a soaked cloth/flannel/mitt left on top of the mess will soften and help remove it.

If you have any 'waterless wax' about, squirt it on, watch it dissolve the p**p, then wipe of with a MF cloth...

Wire brush or even a hammer and chisel if it's not a fresh deposit.

Seriously as already suggested, hot water does the trick but if your not at home then stick some baby wipes or multi purpose wipes in the boot then re apply some waterless wax as soon as possible like Stephen suggested.

I do keep both in the boot as a precaution as it can do a lot of damage to paintwork.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club