Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Big headaches

Vlad2111

Hello guys and thanks for having me. I have big issues with my Mondeo. Back in Feb I break down with message showing Stering malfunction. I picked the car on Saturday after all that time and yesterday the the car didn’t start. No messages on the display. I borrow one diagnostic tool from a mechanic and I have the faults in the pictures. After DTC is reset the car starts again. Can someone help me with what I have to do because I'm afraid I will be stuck somewhere again with the car not starting. Thank you 

E14C0A77-E8E1-49E2-90CE-AF61E5DA2C0F.jpeg

E1CA984B-9D24-471B-9F57-F359F2852BC8.jpeg

1C34C882-7BA3-452D-A64F-E3DD2101C737.jpeg

AA4239AD-9E24-4604-9A05-570ECA7422D1.jpeg

172A2556-3F5B-4AF5-9559-F4FADD4FA41C.jpeg

Cant read the pics, too small. If it starts after clearing the Dtc's run it locally for a few days then see if any come back and go from there.

• Like 1

Also can’t read the pics. Would check alternator is charging. 

Get yourself a code reader and keep it in the car so if it fails again and doesn't start you can clear the errors - gets you out of a hole! 

far to small cant read them

Here guys sorry for the poor pictures. I have a code reader but the car doesn't even go to contact just stays on the ford logo 

3 hours ago, Vlad2111 said:

Hello guys and thanks for having me. I have big issues with my Mondeo. Back in Feb I break down with message showing Stering malfunction. I picked the car on Saturday after all that time and yesterday the the car didn’t start. No messages on the display. I borrow one diagnostic tool from a mechanic and I have the faults in the pictures. After DTC is reset the car starts again. Can someone help me with what I have to do because I'm afraid I will be stuck somewhere again with the car not starting. Thank you 

If you guys can help will be great

Vlad, for a start, get yourself a code reader that works! They aren't expensive.. 

8 minutes ago, nicam49 said:

Vlad, for a start, get yourself a code reader that works! They aren't expensive.. 

could you recommend a model I’m not that savvy when comes to cars. Thank you

Well,  you really need one that runs a software called Forscan. I don't know what is available in your country tho', and since Brexit our dealers no longer  sell overseas. How about trying  the Forscan forum and enquire there? 

You'll need FORscan free to download onto a laptop running windows, plus either a V-linker cable or modified usb ELM cable £20-30 depending on which you get.

There also is a version of Forscan  for Android 

13 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

You'll need FORscan free to download onto a laptop running windows, plus either a V-linker cable or modified usb ELM cable £20-30 depending on which you get.

Is this will do the job?

A60A1E5E-D3DB-4BC1-908C-AA01B13A57D8.png

53 minutes ago, Jimpster said:

NO

Can you suggest one I'm based in UK

10 hours ago, Vlad2111 said:

Can you suggest one I'm based in UK

It had already been suggested and Unofix has now posted the links, you got a curt NO as certain members on here have the knowledge and should be taken as gospel should you choose to accept it. Mine is ballpark but generally in the right direction as i've read and understand the others.

• Like 1

That's so weird. This morning it showed Transmission limited function and I've lost gears 2 and 4. Stopped clear faults with my cheap elm adapter and it's okay now 🤦🏻‍♂️

All I know about your type of problem I've read about on this forum and strange as it might seem, the egr valve is often the cause of this issue, and NOT the gbox. Something to do with the ecu detecting a power reduction (due to the egr) and reporting it as a power train problem. Maybe focusing your attention to the egr.... remove and clean it maybe...? But you've already said you know nothing about cars so if you're happy to live with it for now....it's your shout! 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club