Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake fluid change and headlamp adjustment included in 54000, 6 year service?

SteveP1041

Hi All,

My 2018 Focus Vignale 1.0 Ltr manual is due its 54000 / 6 year service.  It’s booked in with my local Fraud Stealership!  Is the brake fluid change included in the service or is it a chargeable extra? Also, in the FordPass app, under service schedules, it shows that headlamp adjustment is included. Do you find that is the case?

Many thanks in advance.

2 minutes ago, SteveP1041 said:

Hi All,

My 2018 Focus Vignale 1.0 Ltr manual is due its 54000 / 6 year service.  It’s booked in with my local Fraud Stealership!  Is the brake fluid change included in the service or is it a chargeable extra? Also, in the FordPass app, under service schedules, it shows that headlamp adjustment is included. Do you find that is the case?

Many thanks in advance.

IIRC if you look at the service schedule via the Ford pass app it does tell you which items are chargeable.

Hi Wino, Thanks for coming back to me.  Neither item is specifically quoted as chargeable in FordPass.  My local stealer insisted at the 36000 mile service that the brake fluid change was “optional and extra”.  I asked them for a quote for headlamp adjustment some time ago and was quoted around £150 if I remember correctly! Needless to say I didn’t bother with that at the time.  

54000/6 year service???  To the best of my knowledge (and Ford's website today) the interval is 12500m or every year.

In every case I've ever come across, brake fluid change is a chargeable extra. Personally I don't bother with that as my brakes are great and I don't plan on racing up and down hairpin bends in the Andes. But it's your choice. If you want it done you'll have to make it clear when the service is done and ask them how much it will cost you. I assume you asked them how much they are going to charge you for the service when you booked it in???

Your headlight adjustment will have been checked every year ..... by your MOT tester!

• Like 4

Brake fluid is extra.  Would expect around £70 for that.  

What problem are you having with the headlights?  Should be auto-levelling LEDs on Vignale.  Though as above, if they passed MOT they must be within tolerance.

According to the FordPass app, specific to my car, servicing is every 18000 miles or 2 years, guided by the oil life indicator. My current mileage is just under 50000 at almost 4 years old, with 5% oil life showing. The brake fluid change is specified in the service schedule every two years and no extra charge is mentioned. I’ve never been too happy with the dipped beam performance of the adaptive LED headlamps, their range appears too short or too low, although no comment was made at the first MOT last year. Fortunately I don’t drive at night very often!

11 hours ago, SteveP1041 said:

According to the FordPass app, specific to my car, servicing is every 18000 miles or 2 years, guided by the oil life indicator.

👍🏽 AHA- I hadn't realised that! 

It would be helpful if Ford amended their official web document on service intervals to reflect that. It still just says 12500 miles / one year for your car.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club