Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Immo active

Robert S-Max

Hi it all began with front passenger door would not lock on fob then both doors on the same side then back door deadlocked and turn signal on mirror don't work windows on same side don't work so I'm guessing wiring issue. Now I unplugged one of the wiring loom connecter from under foot well and now for some strange reason immo active used forscan to reset keys and reset modules but now abs error codes that weren't there before one is saying cannot communicate with abs module and can't talk to door module b.

I've read that bcmii pcm, cluster and abs module need to communicate to be able to start car.

Any help much appreciated as my dad and mum bought me the car before they sadly passed away so the car has sentimental value 

It is very common for cars of circa 2010 to have problems with the instrument cluster caused by the poor quality solder that was used at the time.

If the IC develops communication problems on the canbus then the immobiliser will not allow the car to start. Using 'sensible' force hit the top of the dashboard above the instrument cluster using your hand. Give it a firm thump or two !!

Do the faults change do you get more or less problems ?

If things do change then you need the IC repaired and refurbished (check out eBay for companies doing that) it will cost around £90.

If there is no change after thumping the IC then you most probably have the other common problem of water getting in to the Body Control Module (BCM) which is part of the passenger compartment fusebox. To check that firstly disconnect the negative battery lead before removing the connectors from the BCM and looking for signs of water and/or corrosion.

• 2 months later...

Just an update got the car working turns out a wire for abs module was broken went to auto electrician cost £280 but doors and windows still the same also indicator on mirror don't work I've been told either door looms or bad earth

I bought one of these how would I use it for checking doors wires

Screenshot_2023-01-30-11-08-36-56_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

• Sad 1

On 11/23/2022 at 10:37 PM, unofix said:

It is very common for cars of circa 2010 to have problems with the instrument cluster caused by the poor quality solder that was used at the time.

If the IC develops communication problems on the canbus then the immobiliser will not allow the car to start. Using 'sensible' force hit the top of the dashboard above the instrument cluster using your hand. Give it a firm thump or two !!

Do the faults change do you get more or less problems ?

If things do change then you need the IC repaired and refurbished (check out eBay for companies doing that) it will cost around £90.

If there is no change after thumping the IC then you most probably have the other common problem of water getting in to the Body Control Module (BCM) which is part of the passenger compartment fusebox. To check that firstly disconnect the negative battery lead before removing the connectors from the BCM and looking for signs of water and/or corrosion.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club