Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Most Welcome Accessory

Keith13661

What is your most welcome accessory/optional extra, the thing you now have in the car that makes you think, “This is so good, not sure if I would want to give it up” ? 

I have the 2019 Focus ‘Vignale’ and it has some great little features, but my favourite on these cold mornings has to be the “heated steering wheel” 

Definitely quick clear windscreen.  For some reason some people think they are just for when it has ice on it (perhaps because ford showed it with a frozen screen on fiesta adverts a few years ago) . It is good for demisting also without the very annoying noise of fan on full speed. I probably wouldn’t have a Ford if it wasn’t for the quickclear screen

• Like 5

I haven’t got heated seats or auto high beam or auto wipers. I had auto wipers on my previous fiesta but found them very temperamental .  I can see auto high beam being quite useful if you drive on roads where you get a chance to use high beam.  On my journey times and locations there is no chance of high beam ever occurring. But I can see that being a nice feature.   What’s the most annoying feature?   Aircon coming on with certain ventilation settings without pressing the on button.   Auto stop start coming on and not being able to turn it off permanently, but I guess that’s not really Ford’s fault, you can’t have the lower tax band benefit if you can turn it off forever I guess. (Negated now by my fiesta moving from free tax to 30 quid in the recent budget)

• Like 1

Cruise control.  But before it was ruined by the loss of clutch-cancel. :sad:  Used to use it on every trip at least once.

My absolute minimum for a daily since 2013 has been auto lights, wipers and dimming mirror (generally come together), cruise control and climate control.

Sadly, neither my Mk2 Focus (bought 2014) or Mk6 Golf (bought 2018) have climate despite being top spec at the time...I'm very sensitive to temperature and it never seems to be comfortable with the manual knobs!  I added cruise to the Mk2 Focus easily enough back in 2014.  Golf came with cruise thankfully, I wouldn't have bought it without.

• Haha 1

HUD screen without a doubt followed closely with heated seats for those short cold trips too and from work 😄

Darkened back windows. Means I can watch stuff in the back without anyone seeing me 😉

• Haha 1

The digital speed display. With the tight (booked at 32/33mph) speed checks locally it keepsme out of trouble where the parallax effect of the analogue speedo gives a false impression.

Plus the proximity sensors, front and rear - with odd bits sticking out at the front its comforting to know I'm not going to hit the low stone wall at the side of the drive while I'm backing out with the steering on full lock (very narrow road!) and at the rear?- Well. there's more of the Focus behind me than there is bodywork on my MX5 ...

It’d be my android head unit I’d say. Upgraded the original stereo to a Windows CE unit originally then the android 7” version a few years back. Brings the car more up to date with in-car entertainment options plus DAB, runs my reversing camera and has sat nav if I need it (though the version of I-Go on it looks worse than the older version my windows CE unit came with 🙄)

On 11/27/2022 at 8:27 AM, isetta said:

Definitely quick clear windscreen.  For some reason some people think they are just for when it has ice on it (perhaps because ford showed it with a frozen screen on fiesta adverts a few years ago) . It is good for demisting also without the very annoying noise of fan on full speed. I probably wouldn’t have a Ford if it wasn’t for the quickclear screen

Gets my vote every time.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, mattsminiresto66 said:

Gets my vote every time.

Had a Nissan Qashqai with heated front screen - absolutely garbage, took an age to clear. No comparison with Fords.

Keyless entry/start for me.

When I had leather seats, I would have said my £15 heated seat cover, but with current cloth seats I don't miss it.

Climate control (or EATC in Ford parlance) for me.  Also got quite attached to the digital speedo since being zapped a few years back!😀

• Like 1

On 11/27/2022 at 11:29 AM, unofix said:

Stop/Start "OFF" switch 🤣

I push that one every time I'm about to drive somewhere, learners seem to manage that without stop/start😂

• Like 1

Auto High Beam / Matrix Headlights - watching them curve round corners and cut out dark blocks to not blind drivers is utter magic. I never get bored of watching they work. 

My DAB+ conversion unit, and, my added reverse camera that uses my Garmin SatNav as it's screen. (It's a very old car LOL)

The things I miss most from our old Mk3 are the heated front screen (obviously) and the auto wipers. I never bothered using the auto lights - I consider myself intelligent enough to know when to use them - but although they're not perfect I did find the auto wipers very useful and better than having to constantly adjust the intermittent setting.

41 minutes ago, mjt said:

The things I miss most from our old Mk3 are the heated front screen (obviously) and the auto wipers. I never bothered using the auto lights - I consider myself intelligent enough to know when to use them...

mmm... intelligent enough to rotate a light switch, but not intelligent enough to flick a wiper stalk? :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Actually I often use flicking the wiper stalk in preference to using the intermittent wipe so MEH! :biggrin:

• Like 4

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club