Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Issues with charging schedule

Jez1960

Hi

I have nothing set for departure time and the car is set to only charge between 1am at 4am so as to make use of cheap energy that I have.

The problem is that when I plug the car in it starts charging straight away and does not wait for the cheap energy.  For some reason I get a message stating that the vehicle will charge outside preferred settings - Kuga must charge outside your preferred Charge Time due to charge settings - which ones???

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?

Thanks

9 hours ago, Jez1960 said:

Hi

I have nothing set for departure time and the car is set to only charge between 1am at 4am so as to make use of cheap energy that I have.

The problem is that when I plug the car in it starts charging straight away and does not wait for the cheap energy.  For some reason I get a message stating that the vehicle will charge outside preferred settings - Kuga must charge outside your preferred Charge Time due to charge settings - which ones???

Does anyone else have this issue and is there a fix?

Thanks

Press the timer button next to the button that unlocks the charge port. This toggles between immediate charging and the timer set via the car screen or the Ford Pass app. Also make sure the address it identifies as your address is the same one on the app/screen. Mine determines I'm at one of four different addresses even though it's always on my drive! I now have four addresses set up as 'home1', 'home2' etc. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

On 12/12/2022 at 5:58 PM, unofix said:

Is 3 hours long enough to fully charge the battery ?

Yes - the reality is that I would prefer to set it to 12.30 and 4.30 to match my Octopus tariff but Ford do not allow half hour intervals so I have to go with 1am to 4am

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 12:36 AM, Quofan said:

Press the timer button next to the button that unlocks the charge port. This toggles between immediate charging and the timer set via the car screen or the Ford Pass app. Also make sure the address it identifies as your address is the same one on the app/screen. Mine determines I'm at one of four different addresses even though it's always on my drive! I now have four addresses set up as 'home1', 'home2' etc. 

Hope this helps.

I'll give it a go - thanks

Yes I can see your problem. I wonder if this, no half hour setting is just a Ford thing?

Octopus Go is an electricity tariff with a bonkers cheap 12p / kWh rate for four hours every night (between 00.30 and 4.30am). It was designed with EV-angelists in mind [Excluding Ford Owners], because those sweet four hours let drivers charge up while they're asleep, and keep fuel costs close to 2p per mile.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2022 at 10:29 AM, TomsFocus said:

Is that 'bonkers cheap'?  I get 10 hours a day at 14p per kWh.  

Octopus Go is actually only 7.14p per kWh between 12.30 and 4.30 - very good rate.  Issue with that rate is that the normal rate for the rest of the day is 37.47p per kWh

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jez1960 said:

Octopus Go is actually only 7.14p per kWh between 12.30 and 4.30 - very good rate.  Issue with that rate is that the normal rate for the rest of the day is 37.47p per kWh

I thought go was 12p? 

1 hour ago, Jez1960 said:

I thought go was 12p? Or should I say it is now. 

Screenshot_20221219-184703.png

When your 12 months at your 7.14 finishes you might be better off on octopus inteligent. But only if you have an ohme smart charger. 

I'm still on 21.9p whatever time of day or night. Finishes Oct. Then it's going to work out slightly cheaper on intelligent with an ohme charger as long as I change my high energy consuming appliances to run at night like hot tub, tumble dryer, dish washer , washing machine. 

Screenshot_20221219-185228.png

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, iantt said:

Then it's going to work out slightly cheaper on intelligent with an ohme charger as long as I change my high energy consuming appliances to run at night like hot tub, tumble dryer, dish washer , washing machine. 

Wouldn't want to leave a drier on while asleep personally.  I know of a couple of different people locally whose houses caught fire due to an unsupervised tumble drier.

Your partner & neighbours may not be keen on a 1400 washer spin cycle at 2am lol.  Do dishwashers make much noise?  I've never used one. :unsure:

• Like 1

Our washing machine is fairly quiet. Dishwashers are quiet too. I never hear either if there put on late in the evening. Tumble dryers, I don't have an issue letting it run at night as I regularly clean any fluff out of all hidden areas. 

• Like 3

My washer dryer sounds like launch day at Cape Canaveral.  Even with the kitchen door closed I can't hear the TV during the spin cycle.  Can also hear and feel my neighbours washers vibrating through the floor/walls so I know it's not just mine lol.

I know mine has an old style motor though, perhaps modern direct drives are quieter?  I did notice some specifically listed as quiet for open plan living.  I do keep an eye out for any deals on washer dryers as I've thought mine was on it's last legs for about 3 years now!  Only got a small space for it and most are too deep.  Best option so far seems to be an LG as they pack a large drum in a small housing somehow.

On 12/19/2022 at 6:48 PM, iantt said:

I thought go was 12p? Or should I say it is now. 

Screenshot_20221219-184703.png

maybe it's 12p now but mine is 7.4 (Octopus Go July 2022 v1) until 29 September 2023

• Like 1

On 12/19/2022 at 6:58 PM, iantt said:

When your 12 months at your 7.14 finishes you might be better off on octopus inteligent. But only if you have an ohme smart charger. 

I'm still on 21.9p whatever time of day or night. Finishes Oct. Then it's going to work out slightly cheaper on intelligent with an ohme charger as long as I change my high energy consuming appliances to run at night like hot tub, tumble dryer, dish washer , washing machine. 

Screenshot_20221219-185228.png

I was looking at Octopus Intelligent but it wasn't offered to me as I have a Ford Kuga PHEV - I think the MachE would have been ok.  Nothing about my charger was mentioned

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club