Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please help 馃槹 focus mk3 cluster instrument

pabolo58
聽Share

this is when I go into the PCM (ASBUILT)

look at the second and third line down it says 00E3

Screenshot 2023-04-17 164505.png

I then load my backed up data (load all, then write all)

It goes through the sequence ignition off then on...then service complete.聽

Screenshot 2023-04-17 164518.png

• Like 1

Then it shows my data聽

2nd line ends in 0050

3rd line ends in 0045

as soon as i leave the tab and reopen the PCM module it goes straight back to the 00E3

Screenshot 2023-04-17 164525.png

I wouldn't worry about that, some of the data stored may represent on/off type flags that never change, whilst other bits may represent bits of data that the BCM records there whenever it feels the need. I'm just speculating though, it could be a ForScan bug showing you the old data (after reopening the module perhaps try to do a 'load all' which presumably should re-read from the module). Unless forscan gives you an error I'd assume it wrote the config successfully, and either Forscan is showing you the original values due to a bug or the BCM is choosing to modify the values in those locations immediately after being reconfigured.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, rd457 said:

I wouldn't worry about that, some of the data stored may represent on/off type flags that never change, whilst other bits may represent bits of data that the BCM records there whenever it feels the need.

I was just saying that in a private message I sent a few minutes ago.

Replied: 36 minutes ago

We don't know what that data is.聽

For example it might be the data that says what gear the car is in. So originally the car was in First when the data was captured. Now the car is in Neutral. So after loading the AsBuilt data the PCM corrects the data and sets those parameters back. That is just an example of what could be happening.聽

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rd457 said:

I wouldn't worry about that, some of the data stored may represent on/off type flags that never change, whilst other bits may represent bits of data that the BCM records there whenever it feels the need. I'm just speculating though, it could be a ForScan bug showing you the old data (after reopening the module perhaps try to do a 'load all' which presumably should re-read from the module). Unless forscan gives you an error I'd assume it wrote the config successfully, and either Forscan is showing you the original values due to a bug or the BCM is choosing to modify the values in those locations immediately after being reconfigured.

I just wasn't sure as the PCM Module was the only one that is different...

Apparently keys are coded but the car wont crank as the immobilizer keeps saying malfunctioned...

I don't understand as the car ran perfectly fine ( on the old bcm) before the auto locksmith took the keys and reprogrammed them to the new bcm, now its the new bcm the immobilizer is having a fit, I've put all my data from the old bcm to the new one, it states its my car etc, vin number matches.

As Ian has said it needs the new BCM to be initialised in the immobiliser settings.

123.JPG

124.JPG

which can only be done via pats system is that correct?

The locksmith is stating that he cant do anymore...apparently he's very knowledgeable at what he does...but I have asked him about this and he doesn't seem to understand!!聽

would it be possible to buy the one day license and go into the immobiliser settings that way?聽

FORScan can NOT unfortunately programme the security systems on any Ford after 2013 (and even then it can't do all of 2013).

The initialisation / key programming in to the vehicle needs to be done using FDRS which only a Ford dealer has access聽 to.

Has anyone got any instructions for this FDRS so I can show them to this guy?

• Confused 1

turns out the guys doesn't have FDRS....I was clear about having put a new BCM into the car but he coded the keys and took his 拢100

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club