Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please help 馃槹 focus mk3 cluster instrument

pabolo58
聽Share

It looks like at least one connector will need replaced on the harness and possibly two.

It might be a trip to a scrap yard to salvage an old harness and then splice the connectors on.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pabolo58 said:

and completed a backup before I had taken this bit off

That's good news.

You should also be able to use FORScan to automatically download the "AsBuilt" BCM file for your car direct from the Ford servers. So if your saved file is corrupt due to the damage, then all is not lost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, unofix said:

It looks like at least one connector will replaced on the harness and possibly two.

It might be a trip to a scrap yard to salvage an old harness and then splice the connectors on.

I thought the same...

Just looking at another forum and they are saying the keys might need recoding too聽馃槳, this car will be the death of me!

Just now, unofix said:

That's good news.

You should also be able to use FORScan to automatically download the "AsBuilt" BCM file for your car direct from the Ford servers. So if your saved file is corrupt due to the damage, then all is not lost.

Yes it did download the "AsBuilt" as I checked after to make sure before I began fiddling

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pabolo58 said:

the keys might need recoding too

That is possible but ......... if you use your original BCM files then the keys should be already coded in.

If the keys do need coded in, then all vehicles聽 2013 onwards can only be coded by a Ford main dealer.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, unofix said:

Yes it should be possible to use the licensed version of FORScan to programme the replacement.

Make sure the part number of the replacement is an exact match. The revision letter must be the same or higher than the original.

So I have the part number, which is聽DV6T-14A073-DL so do I need an exact match to this?聽

when you say the revision letter must be the same or higher than the original which letter do you mean...sorry

1 hour ago, pabolo58 said:

DL

Normally I'd say the "L" but on your BCM to be honest I'm not sure.

Dave @DaveT70 is usually good on these revision letter issues, perhaps he can help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, unofix said:

Normally I'd say the "L" but on your BCM to be honest I'm not sure.

Dave @DaveT70 is usually good on these revision letter issues, perhaps he can help.

I've been searching for a good few hours, I can't find an exact match, but ones ending in K, H, M

Hopefully @DaveT70聽can share some wisdom with us to see what I can do.

Thanks so much @unofix聽your help up to yet has been amazing!

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, pabolo58 said:

but ones ending in K, H, M

That would suggest that it is the last letter which is the revision on your BCM. Based on that the only one you can use is 'M'

• Like 1

14 hours ago, unofix said:

That would suggest that it is the last letter which is the revision on your BCM. Based on that the only one you can use is 'M'

That's what I thought too, so fingers crossed I can get the M and do it聽

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 5:53 PM, unofix said:

It looks like at least one connector will need replaced on the harness and possibly two.

Is there any specific splice connectors that you reccommend?聽

So I've manged to get a BCM but struggling to get the connector part 馃槱, I don't know what the clip is called nor if I can find a replacement for it 馃槗 there is no scrap yard that has any in so I'm stuck on what to do...

• Like 1

Hi Paula, I did suspect you might have an issue getting a new connector. They are probably available from AliExpress if you knew the part number.

There is a guy here on the forum who is very good at identifying connectors he might be able to help piotr @piotrmod聽next time he is here.

Or you could ask @Rowan112

Hi!

@unofix Thanks for remembering!聽 I'll do my best to help. Firstly, need VIN to sort out BCM number and exact connector references. This is Focus MK3, which year?

P.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, piotrmod said:

This is Focus MK3, which year?

Hi Piotr, her profile says 2014 but don't take that as definite. I expect that Paula will be back here soon.

On 3/24/2023 at 3:18 PM, unofix said:

Hi Paula, I did suspect you might have an issue getting a new connector. They are probably available from AliExpress if you knew the part number.

There is a guy here on the forum who is very good at identifying connectors he might be able to help piotr @piotrmod聽next time he is here.

Or you could ask @Rowan112

I managed to find one I think, so I took the connector out and took photos to find the make/model number, then did a good search on Google and ended up finding the correct one on ali express just a case of waiting for it to arrive now 馃

These are the pictures that I had taken for reference聽

AE46D386-F83E-4987-BD5C-48CA30E756CA.jpeg

04DA0CDB-147B-4352-85B9-388982EE2E7D.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

quick update for you, so the new connector came, I have de-pinned all the old connector and re pinned into the new connecter ( did one at a time to make sure that I didn't mess it up聽馃槣)

Now onto ForScan to restore all my backup and it keeps failing to write block 1 on the PSCM (AS BUILT) and also the ABS (AS BUILT) its saying incompatible configuration.... I'm confused what to do next guys聽

Thanks for keeping the forum updated.

The ABS unit should not need the AsBuilt file loaded as it is still the original. FORScan has limited access to the ABS files which is probably why it's not able to write to it. As regards the PSCM, I've no idea why you would have a problem with that.

The only AsBuilt file that should need reloading is the BCM, all other files should be unchanged. Are you using the vLinker FS cable ?

• Like 1

yes using the vLinker cable, I had backed up all of the files, I have reloaded the BCM file but still got nothing 馃槥

Wondering if its the key and needs coding...

3 minutes ago, pabolo58 said:

Wondering if its the key and needs coding...

Is there any unusual flashing from immobiliser light ?

FORScan can only programme keys in to the vehicle up to 2013. After that it is a Ford dealers job 馃檨

When you try to start, is it "Crank No Start" or is it "No Crank" ?

no absolutely nothing 馃槥聽no crank or nothing

• Sad 1

If you do a brand new scan of all modules (not using existing stored profile) with FORScan what DTC's does it come up with ?

Does it read all modules or are some missing ?

I'll try it again tomorrow, I've come in for tonight as I was getting frustrated lol

• Sad 1

I would recommend looking over on the FORScan site and asking if they can help. Usually they seem to be a helpful lot and will work with you to try and sort your problem.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club