Do Not Sell My Personal Information

B Max Rear Windscreen Washer

NJ24

I have recently bought a 2013 Ford B Max. I noticed that the rear windscreen washer wasn't working. I could hear the pump making a completely normal sound when I pulled the lever to operate it, so I initially assumed that it must be working and maybe it was just a blocked nozzle. I therefore gave the nozzle a careful poke with a very thin implement. This didn't fix the issue, so I took the centre mounted brake light off in order to gain better access. On inspection, the screen wash pipe was firmly attached to the nozzle and there was no sign of any damage or leaks. I removed the nozzle from the pipe so that I could inspect it from the inside end. This confirmed that there is definitely no blockage in the nozzle. 

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this issue and how to fix it? Is there likely to be a leak, detachment, blockage or constriction further along the screen wash pipe? Or is it more likely that the pump isn't working properly? Does anyone have a diagram of the route of the pipe from the reservoir to the rear windscreen nozzle?

7 minutes ago, NJ24 said:

Or is it more likely that the pump isn't working properly? Does anyone have a diagram of the route of the pipe from the reservoir to the rear windscreen nozzle?

There is only one pump. It does the front washers by rotating clockwise and the rear screen by rotating anti-clockwise.

There is a small non-return valve in the pipe to the rear washer that is a common failure. It is mounted in the head lining about 200mm just before the pipe goes through to the tailgate. Remove the valve and either replace with new, or just do away with it.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, unofix said:

There is only one pump. It does the front washers by rotating clockwise and the rear screen by rotating anti-clockwise.

There is a small non-return valve in the pipe to the rear washer that is a common failure. It is mounted in the head lining about 200mm just before the pipe goes through to the tailgate. Remove the valve and either replace with new, or just do away with it.

Thank you - I will investigate this!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, unofix said:

How do I actually access this valve?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club