Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clock queries, where are they?

StephenFord

There's usually a stream of queries on, 'my clock never went forward on my sync 'X'. Though none, have Ford finally cracked this seemingly simple function? :laugh:

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

There's usually a stream of queries on, 'my clock never went forward on my sync 'X'. Though none, have Ford finally cracked this seemingly simple function? :laugh:

Give it time...  How many people are going out at 9am on a Sunday morning? :tongue: 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Give it time...  How many people are going out at 9am on a Sunday morning? :tongue: 

People who do 35 mph everywhere. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

24 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

Especially if they think it's 8am LOL

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, StephenFord said:

have Ford finally cracked this seemingly simple function?

Well here it is ..........

Indeed I can confirm that the clock on my Sync 3.4  did NOT go forward !!

It does have the option for GPS time which I have to keep turned off otherwise the time can jump forwards or backwards quite randomly.

So no Ford haven't fixed the problem, or at least not on my car. 🙄

• Sad 1

Not on my 2020 Ford. Yawn  had to change it automatically although I have the most up to date sync 2, updated two ago. Very easy to do, but even my brothers very old vauxwell changes to bst via the radio.

• Like 1

On the subject of changing the time on the 40 or 50 devices around the house.

How many people will remember to check and if needed alter the time on the dashcam ?

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, unofix said:

How many people will remember to check and if needed alter the time on the Dashcam ?

Oopppssss......

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, unofix said:

How many people will remember to check and if needed alter the time on the Dashcam ?

I just leave mine on GMT all year. 

• Like 1

I had to change the time on my brand new Kindle as well. So Ford are not alone 😀

• Sad 1

the clock on my radio adjusted , sadly the clock on my cluster didnt. Luckily after multiple negative terminal disconnects doing jobs ive become a dab hand at resetting from 2002 lol which is weird as my vehicle was made or registered in 2007

44 minutes ago, unofix said:

40 or 50??? I had 4 to do. You must have a lot more stuff than me! 

In my experience it's normally the oven that people give up on and leave on GMT all the time. Got to be honest, I don't know why an oven even needs a clock??? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, alanfp said:

... Got to be honest, I don't know why an oven even needs a clock??? 

If you're old enough to remember the 'millennium bug', it was thought that my washing machine would stop working on the stroke of midnight, January 1st, 2000. I have no idea why as my washing machine never knew what time it was in the first place :laughing:

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, unofix said:

I didn't but your comment prompted me to check and never mind the time -  I found the date was 01/01/2016 !! :shocking:

Obviously with the car standing unused for long periods the battery has expired. Needless to say it's a Nextbase. The same one that had not been recording when I had a near miss last year. Won't ever buy another one from them.

I might see if it's possible to open it up and change the battery myself pending getting something better.

• Like 3

If you're old enough to remember the 'millennium bug'

I am. There were genuine fears the banking system would collapse and even planes would fall out of the sky :laugh:.

9 minutes ago, mjt said:

I am. There were genuine fears the banking system would collapse and even planes would fall out of the sky :laugh:.

I worked for a national retailer (no longer in existence), that spent over £50,000 on contingency plans, including an articulated lorry parked outside head office, with a massive generator all ready to power up the central computers should the power fail, it's hilarious! Of course, it was all driven by 'experts' which is why I'm so cynical & I just don't trust any government spoutings that are driven by 'experts' LOL

• Haha 1

I remember being bought a few novelty items in the shape of a 'Millenium Bug' for Xmas 1999...  Don't think it was taken so seriously here. :laugh:

3 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

..  Don't think it was taken so seriously here. :laugh:

Should have mentioned, the retailers head office was in Ladbroke Grove, London LOL

4 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

the retailers head office was in Ladbroke Grove,

I didn't know Ladbrokes had closed down, I always thought of them as a safe bet ! 🤣

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, unofix said:

I didn't know Ladbrokes had closed down, I always thought of them as a safe bet ! 🤣

I'll line them up, you swing them out of the park :laughing:

• Haha 2

Having a few days away at present but just been out to alter mine. Bizarrely it was 15.05 but the car clock (which was correct yesterday) was reading 16.05 so I had to move it BACK an hour. Not the first oddity I've had but then Sync is reminiscent of Winston Churchill 's definition of Russia:  "a riddle, wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma".

3 hours ago, StephenFord said:

If you're old enough to remember the 'millennium bug'

Unfortunately, yes. My company spent a fortune on consultants to advise on the non-event. The connection with the time keeping theme of this thread is, of course, that a consultant is a person who borrows your watch to tell you the time and then charges for it (and probably doesn't return your watch!)😃

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StephenFord said:

Should have mentioned, the retailers head office was in Ladbroke Grove, London LOL

I'm definitely giving off some odd vibes if you think I live in London, let alone Ladbroke Grove.  Closest I've been is listening to the AJ Tracey track... :laugh:

2 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm definitely giving off some odd vibes if you think I live in London, let alone Ladbroke Grove. .. 

I wasn't being that 'local', was contrasting 'England', to 'Northern Ireland' LOL (Both of course in the UK!)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mjt said:

you got the date wrong that's happening in 2023

30 minutes ago, StephenFord said:

'Northern Ireland' LOL (Both of course in the UK!)

I thought you'd been excommunicated by Rishi Sunak ???

Next you'll be trying to convince me that Scotland is still part of Britain 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club