Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wiper Motor & Connection

Ian Wynn

Sorry to repeat i think i put 1st post in wrong section

I have a Ford Tourneo Custom 2019 that has a front wiper problem had it looked at by Ford and have been told water has got into the wiper connector block and has corroded pins on both sides of the connector so drivers side motor has shorted out hence why Inter- Slow - Washer and rear Wash Wipe has failed but Fast on front works.

My question is they have told me if i change the Drivers side motor you need to change the Passenger side motor  as they communicate via cambus Is this true can the drivers side just not be programmed to work with the old Passenger side A quick response is needed for this, please 

Thank you guys  

This should really be posted in the TRANSIT forum.

The two wiper motors do need to be programmed, and calibrated to work together. One is the master and one is the slave unit.

I don't know of any reason why a new motor can not be fitted to either side and not calibrated to work with the old existing motor. The programming/calibration function is in the software FORScan (free) as far as a I know.

Perhaps @iantt will confirm.

Thanks for advice new to this and thanks for reply i had a feeling they could be programed 

Ian

I can't see why the passenger motor cannot be used again. Should just be a case of programming and calibration of wiper sweep. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, iantt said:

I can't see why the passenger motor cannot be used again. Should just be a case of programming and calibration of wiper sweep. 

There also going to change connectors as most pins are corroded would this have a bering on it i think there trying to screw me over £913 for the connector and 2 motors wanted to get it under a warranty as its a design fault they wont have it  

Cheers

If the connector has corroded then that's a whole other problem. They come as part of a wiring harness and so the harness will need to be replaced.

Given that Ford dealers are typically charging £120 +++ per hour I can see the job costing £300 in just labor. Add on to that a new motor and the harness which could easily be £400 then the difference between my estimation verses the garage is probably the cost of a second wiper motor.

Hi I had same problem with same vehicle but on a 2017,  Seems to be a design fault causing water ingress turning pin connectors Green. As all the scrapyards I tried remove the motors and sell them quickly because under high demand. I was able to fix mine myself by getting a O/S (Drivers Side) wiper motor 2nd hand from eBay...as long as you get 1 with the exact same part numbers that are on your old unit, you should be good to go without replacing the N/S (Passenger Motor). I regained full wiper control at all speeds, the rear is working and window washers were back, if you do it yourself, I would advise to use a stanley blade to pick any broken pins out of the multiplug, then clean inside the multiplug itself using electrical contact cleaner and a gas welding nozel cleaning tool to do inside the multiplug conectors themselves, Finally use some vaselene on the outside of the multiplug plug before you reconnect it so as water cannot get in and sit, Good Luck

2 hours ago, unofix said:

If the connector has corroded then that's a whole other problem. They come as part of a wiring harness and so the harness will need to be replaced.

Given that Ford dealers are typically charging £120 +++ per hour I can see the job costing £300 in just labor. Add on to that a new motor and the harness which could easily be £400 then the difference between my estimation verses the garage is probably the cost of a second wiper motor.

There isn't a separate harness as such. The ford techs have individual connectors and short wiring attached to join to harness then into the connector assy. Or if common  repair them ford will produce the whole connector and short harness to connect to existing wiring. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club