Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wheel Squeak

Brent M

When travelling at low speeds < 20 mph and turning hard left there is an irritating squeak coming from the passenger side wheel (rear I think, although front would make more sense I know) as soon as I speed up it goes. As my son is learning to drive we are doing a lot of low speed turning it is driving me insane. Any ideas and would it be covered under 3 year warrenty?

Thanks

When travelling at low speeds < 20 mph and turning hard left there is an irritating squeak coming from the passenger side wheel (rear I think, although front would make more sense I know) as soon as I speed up it goes. As my son is learning to drive we are doing a lot of low speed turning it is driving me insane. Any ideas and would it be covered under 3 year warrenty?

Thanks

I had the same problem on mine. I think it was the pads slightly binding with the disk. I swift emergency stop (ie from about 15mph) sorted it.

I had the same problem on mine. I think it was the pads slightly binding with the disk. I swift emergency stop (ie from about 15mph) sorted it.

Thanks, I will try it out and let you know, I was worried it was going to be something expensive not covered by warranty

Thanks, I will try it out and let you know, I was worried it was going to be something expensive not covered by warranty

Yes - so did I, its very annoying and very embaressing when travelling through town :)

I had this, turned out to be the tyre getting ready to pop :lol:

Check them outside wall and inner wall for perishing :)

I had this problem, in my case it was a loose handbrake cable but it could be anything! Have it checked.

Yes - so did I, its very annoying and very embaressing when travelling through town :)

I had two unsucessful attempts by my sons emergency stops to cure this, in the end got so fed up of the screeching tonight I braked heavily at about 25 mph (even skidded lol) and lo and behold the rest of my journey home was squeak free. Early days yet, but promising! Thanks Has it reoccurred since John?

I had two unsucessful attempts by my sons emergency stops to cure this, in the end got so fed up of the screeching tonight I braked heavily at about 25 mph (even skidded lol) and lo and behold the rest of my journey home was squeak free. Early days yet, but promising! Thanks Has it reoccurred since John?

Hi

No - not yet anyway. I keep thinking its going to return because im not usually this lucky but so far its been completely squeak free.

Hi

No - not yet anyway. I keep thinking its going to return because im not usually this lucky but so far its been completely squeak free.

Yea still going well, thanks for the help.

• 1 month later...

Thanks

Hi, I've got this same problem. Is it like a "hamster going round in a wheel" squeak?

I get that sort of squeak and sometimes a loud harsh squeal. This is both when turning corners and going straight along at slow speeds...

I've taken it to Ford and they said there is nothing mechanically wrong with the car, so i'm now at a loss as to what it could be.

I will try an emergency stop later and see if that helps...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club