Do Not Sell My Personal Information

sync 3 advance traffic info?

Kenny321

When using a pre-planned route using Sync 3, despite me setting the ‘Ahead’ traffic on in the menu, nothing shows up on the Nav map. I was sitting in jam the other day, my tomtom app on my iPhone was showing it but nothing on the Sync 3 Nav screen. What traffic info should I be seeing here?

OK thanks, i did not realise it was by subscription, fordpass connect doesn’t work for me, so i guess why no messages to say i needed to subcribe. The Ford link to costs for subscription is wrong, (goes to diagnostic fees, not subscriptions). Free traffic on my tomtom and iPhone, so i will just use that.

Just a thought, my tomtom gets free live traffic from an FM radio adaptor using the RDS system, so why do Ford charge for this? 

Its how they makes the big money 🙂 

2 hours ago, Kenny321 said:

why do Ford charge for this? 

Because they want to make money 👍

traffic.JPG

OK, BUT, if I look on the Sync3 menu Nav- traffic- ALL, it lists traffic incidences near me, so the information is there. BUT, if i look at the ‘Ahead’ menu, it always says ‘no information’, even with a route planned. Surely Ford can’t be charging for the link between that resident info and the Nav screen?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Kenny321 said:

Surely Ford can’t be charging for the link between that resident info and the Nav screen?

Of course not, I was only having a laugh with you. The post above for "Live Traffic" just made up 🙄

Does your Live Traffic work ? 🤔

9 hours ago, Kenny321 said:

OK, BUT, if I look on the Sync3 menu Nav- traffic- ALL, it lists traffic incidences near me, so the information is there. BUT, if i look at the ‘Ahead’ menu, it always says ‘no information’, even with a route planned. Surely Ford can’t be charging for the link between that resident info and the Nav screen?

The information that you do see is probably the publicly available stuff from the English equivalent of Traffic Scotland.

The information that you pay for is the information gathered by Here Maps on things like how busy the roads are as well as incidents. That information is not as comprehensive as Google Maps because it only covers main roads.

• Thanks 1

Well I saw a Ford advert showing a tomtom logo on the Sync3 screen, which did not show up when I connected my iPhone (I had the tomtom ‘MyDrive’ app.) However, I found and purchased the tomtom Go app (£13.99 for 13 months first time buyer), and this works with Carplay and gives me live traffic information on my Sync3 system. Shame I had to resort to this as I have to connect my iPhone via a USB lead (why can’t I do this by bluetooth!!), and have the phone floating around loose on the console, now making all my efforts to update Sync3 Nav maps redundant.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club