Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Injector replacement

dave the rave

I have a 2008 Fiesta Ghia TDCI 1.4 Diesel. In May 2022 the car broke down and I had to replace Fuel injector no 4. I now have the same fault again.But I'm not sure which of the injectors are the problem this time.  The bill for the last repair was £600. That was for a new injector fitted which cost £250. I only use the car for short local band gigs and  in both of the breakdowns, I managed to limp the car home.  I now have to decide whether to repair the car again or replace it.  I think I would rather risk the repair for another £600 ( although with a cheaper refurbished injector)  and  hopefully keep the car going for another two years rather than scrapping  it and buying another cheap car. Which may also have problems.

So Forum members I would appreciate and welcome any advice that you may be able to give me. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm struggling to understand how a garage can justify £350 labour to replace one injector.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, TomsFocus said:

I'm struggling to understand how a garage can justify £350 labour to replace one injector.

They drank an awful lot of coffee ? 🤔

I had very similar problem

While running the engine rattled I disconnected 1 injector at a time to see if the engine note changed..number 1 injector didn't make a difference..I did have a dead injector rather than a badly working one.

Changed and eliminated the fault codes

Dave the Rave might not be a hands-on person so has to throw himself + wallet at the mercy of a garbage 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club