Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant in fiesta Ecoboost bubbling!

Jacob Booker

Hi all, 

I know im not the first to post about this issue, but on the other forms i couldn't find a video of the issue, so wanted to post one of mine and see if its a fault in the car or a normal thing.

So I've owned my car for about 1.5years and put around 30k miles on the clock. After some late night driving and maybe some high revving maneuvers I got home and parked in my driveway. I sat there for a few mins and started hearing this really weird gurgling noise (See video for sound) This is the first time I've heard this noise so naturally, I lifted the bonnet to check it out. 

Video : 

This is where i saw what appears to be boiling coolant, glugging its way into the filler tank. 

The steps I took were:

Sit there for another 5 mins and try to ignore the sound (Didn't go away)

Very carefully cracked the filler cap and vented off a small amount of pressure behind it. 

Idled the engine for maybe another 5 mins to help circulate the coolant. 

Checked the car temperature meter on the dashboard, below the clock, which indicated the temp was normal

Additionally, what sounded like cracking or popping was heard from (I think) the turbo. Which you can slightly hear in the video.

Any help would be greatly appreciated to help calm some nerves! Again it was the first time I've ever heard this, but then I was practically redlining it a few times on the way home, and might not of given it enough time to cool before turning the engine off. 

Many thanks!

Quite normal. There's an electric coolant pump that circulates the coolant when ign off /very hot.  . Follow the pipes and you will find it . 

• Like 2

imagen2.jpeg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club