Do Not Sell My Personal Information

need tips on how i can make my mk 7 zetec sound better?

Michaelpsnl

hi, so this is my first car, 2010 fiesta zetec and i have just put in my first upgrade. I took out my stock intake air filter and replaced it with a semi cheap one. im just looking for cheap (ish) upgrades to make it sound better or louder? any advice would be great. Im new to the whole upgrading scene but im willing to learn. 

8 hours ago, Michaelpsnl said:

hi, so this is my first car, 2010 fiesta zetec and i have just put in my first upgrade. I took out my stock intake air filter and replaced it with a semi cheap one. im just looking for cheap (ish) upgrades to make it sound better or louder? any advice would be great. Im new to the whole upgrading scene but im willing to learn. 

Why is it that young'uns always want to make their car louder, is it a hearing issue from listening to loud music? LOL Don't get me wrong, in my youth, I also changed air filters, big 'performance' exhausts, huge blow off valves for a turbo, a bangn' sound system but for the life of me, can't remember why 🤣

Now I'm happy having a car that reliably starts on 1st twist of the key...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Michaelpsnl said:

I took out my stock intake air filter and replaced it with a semi cheap one. 

Hi Michael,

I don't like the sound of that (sorry!) - the stock air filters are usually pretty good these days and  replacements may not be as effective at filtration.

Might be helpful in getting suggestions if you confirmed what engine you had e.g. 1.25, 1.4, 1.4/1.6Tdci?

Humans are hard wired to associate pleasure and excitement with progressively loud and frequent moaning sounds...  Exactly the type that petrol engine induction produces.  Sports manufacturers such as Aston Martin and Ferrari spend thousands on getting those sounds just right for their cars.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Sports manufacturers such as Aston Martin and Ferrari spend thousands on getting those sounds just right for their cars.

So that's the reason sales of EV's are so $%!T. They just need louder electric motors 🤣🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, unofix said:

So that's the reason sales of EV's are so $%!T. They just need louder electric motors 🤣🤣

Veering dangerously off the original topic but some do have electronic sound generators, if you must:

I can see that being amusing for a short while then turning it off. A guy round my way gives driving lessons in a petrol Abarth and it sounds a lot better than that!.

5 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

Veering dangerously off the original topic but some do have electronic sound generators, if you must:

Gives a whole new meaning to the selling point of, 'Sound by Bose'. Instead of Speakers aimed inside, it now aims them firmly at the outside, with optional chants, like, "get out of my way, I have only 3 miles range left..." or "watch it - I'm turning left but can't indicate as my screen just died..." 😂

21 minutes ago, Eric Bloodaxe said:

A guy round my way gives driving lessons in a petrol Abarth and it sounds a lot better than that!.

Well I've listened carefully and it sounds like it has a bit of a camshaft rattle and the exhaust is blowing a little 🤣

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club