Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus estate 2015 suspension issues.

Zen23

I thought I'll start new thread. Still trying to sort terrible ride of the car. Anyone who had a ride at the back of my car complained they feel sick, it not my driving. I think because front is so hard and rear is to soft. If I go over the bump with front wheels it's the back end gets the hit and trying to absorb the bump. Car seats leveled.

So got under the car (car is on ramps). Trailing arm bushes not totally dead but will need replacing. Shock absorbers has been replaced last year by previous owner. Took them off, they both even and still stiff when compressing. Quality of shocks bit questionable,  it's  CD brand which I never heard of. What you think about this brand?

But springs are weird,  could be broken, top is hard to see. I attached some pictures. So going to replace springs and trailing arm bushes. Not sure about shocks. 

Having the same problem with springs as with front shocks. Bought 2 Kilen but it was 2 different springs,  luckily was in shop when I looked. Now, it's no pair of springs in UK. The manufacturer in Sweden going to make some apparently 😑. Should be here next week or week after.

Is it worth changing new CD shocks to something else? 

20240512_155205.jpg

20240512_155032.jpg

20240512_153728.jpg

The springs do look shot

The shocks are probably the wrong ones for the car

I would order the correct parts from Ford

Does anybody know original part number for shocks? 

Put your VIN into https://www.catcar.info/ford/?lang=en

Then look under chassis for  springs and shocks.

There will be many original part numbers for different engines and different trim levels.

1866919 found it. 

Rang parts plus, around 136 each +vat. I don't think I can afford it in near future. 

Any alternatives? KYB, Bilstein?

• Thanks 1

The problem with all aftermarkets is that they make just one or two types as a compromise to cover several models.

So even if they're well built, they may not have the exact correct damping rate for your engine & trim level and could end up with the same ride quality issue again.

Most people probably won't notice the difference on most cars.  But I'm really not sure it's worth the risk in this case.

If you do choose to go aftermarket, Bilstein or Sachs are generally good quality.

• Like 1

Do you know who makes shock absorbers for Ford? 

14 hours ago, Zen23 said:

Do you know who makes shock absorbers for Ford? 

Used to be Sachs on the Mk2 Focus, but I don't know if it still was on MK3.

Managed to change springs and trailing arm bushes. It wasn't as easy as on kuga and mk1 focus. The springs were nightmare to install. The bushes wasn't so bad. Original ones rubber detached from metal. Luckily all bolts and threads are rust free and easy to undo. Didn't drive it yet so can't say how it's feels.

20240519_094139.jpg

20240519_113106.jpg

20240519_113355.jpg

20240519_131108.jpg

20240519_143044.jpg

Update. Rear end is sorted. No more bouncing and unpredictable change of direction when going through the bend. And I can keep up with traffic. 

Now, back to the front. I suspect it's so hard because it's rides on the bump stops. Is that possible? It's a picture of front wheel, car is leveled. Does it seems low to you?

20240523_054856.jpg

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club