Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coolant. Does it rise when car driven?

Franski

Hi folks  

Topping up my windscreen washer this morning noticed engine coolant at min. Got to work and checked it again. Sitting at max.  About 25 mins driving. Does it drop when car is cold?  If was topped up when in for its service in march. Fiesta 2021. Ecoboost.  

Thanks 

1 hour ago, Franski said:

Does it drop when car is cold?

Yes.

Thank you. Freaked out when I seen it this morning. Never noticed it being at min before so thought I'd ask the question as I was totally confused when it went up after driving. 

• Like 2

Another quick question. Lol

Should i top it up if it was at min this morning or leave it? If so, what coolant?

50 50 mixture of water and anti freeze of the same colour as the one you have now. Although for what it's worth I think you'd get away with topping it with some water. 

Use only Ford Coolant do not mix with other types.

Only ever top up when the system is fully cold. Never fill above the Maximum line.

See your Ford Owners Handbook page 342 for full details.

https://www.fordservicecontent.com/Ford_Content/Catalog/owner_information/CG3654en-202012-20201214103157.pdf

Page 342.JPG

• Like 1

As you're going to dilute it and if you live in a hard water area, I advise to use deionised water, 2.5 litres for £1.50 in Asda and Tesco.

• Like 1

We have soft water up here north if the border. I think lol

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Franski said:

soft water up here north if the border.

No bottled water for you I'm afraid 🤣

soft.JPG

Soft table.JPG

• Haha 2

I've topped mine up with Highland Spring before... :biggrin: 

• Haha 1

Cannot get a ford coolant for love nor money lol. Hubby was going to Halfords. Nooooooooo, leave it. Phoned dealer and they said its fine if its at min then rising. Why then do they suggest it sits between the 2 lines and not on the min one?  Sorry I know I'm a pest lol 

Any good? Just seen online 

Screenshot_20240522-154058_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240522-154006_Samsung Internet.jpg

It is possible that Ford may have replaced the part listed in the owners handbook, but I'd check that carefully before mixing with other types.

The correct Ford specification for your car is WSS-97B44-D This is available in a 5 litre container Ford finis number 2361571 from eBay allegedly (check before buying) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/266579013781?

The 1 litre top bottle of WSS-97B44-D might be Ford finis number 2361569, but I can't confirm this to be correct. It's available from Arnold Clark Ford see eBay https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/256484945956?

• Thanks 1

Just go to your local Ford main dealer and buy some. It won't be as expensive as you think. Remember that you dilute it 50/50 . 

• Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club