Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Terrible fuel milage

oliverlesauvage

Hi everyone,

Can anyone suggest to my why my gauge screen is only telling me 189 miles from a full tank? I filled it up from empty to full the other day, and when full it showed me 189 miles until an empty tank, which i think is very wrong given that my friends fiesta shows up to 400miles on a full tank. I am also getting really low MPG. I have a new air filter on order which i am going to replace, but apart from that the tires are inflated properly etc.

Thanks!

Take the concrete block off your right foot

But seriously, check you driving style

When were the plugs changed?

Is it serviced correctly

Are the wet belts degrading? Have they been changed

You gotta remember that the 'fuel computer' is nothing but a toy. The only TRUE test of MPG is to brim your tank, then 'zero' your odometer. After driving a while, brim tank again, and note the amount of miles you have traveled with the actual fuel you have used. Then, get in the habit of brimming, and zeroing, which will give you a far more accurate MPG rating, and if it changes radically, then you can start analysing why...

• Like 3

The range screen relies directly on the MPG screen.  It will read low range with low MPG.

Worth checking whether any of the brakes are binding.  Though that should be picked up by MOT.

Zero/reset all the readings on your trip computer, which ideally you should do on every fill-up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hi,

Not meaning to be rude but I think you posted a very similar thread just recently:

I'm wondering if you're still having the same problems with the car not warming up, as well as the very poor mpg? 

I've noticed that if I work on my car and disconnect my battery it upsets the mileage reported in my tank and takes ages to recalculate itself..

So if you have had a flat battery or disconnected recently then this maybe the reason 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club