Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1999 Losing Water

ag1979

Got a v reg 1.25 ford fiesta,purchased a while back.Few months back the car was over heating on long drives and the water tank was always losing water.We was told and advised by a family friend that this was major work, new head gasket , water pump etc. Now after less than 2 months of this work being carried out the water tank is still not holding water and the cooler fan runs from time to time.Is this right after such major and expensive repairs??

The guy who done it looked at the car tonight and said that there was no problem but i had to top the water up weekly???? Now im no car expert by a long way but it seems to me as if ive paid a lot of money and yet i still have the original problem.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

was the car tested for HG problems before the work was carried out?,the leak could be from any part of the system,heater matrixs are a weak point have you got any damp carpets? also could be the header cap allowing water to bypass and escape down the overflow,i would get a pressure check done and also see if there is any sign of fumes in the header tank,any local garage should be able to do this.

Yes, the car was checked for the head gasket on a diagnostics machine and came up as a fault.The head gasket which replaced the old one was a reconditioned one,could this be the problem?? As for damp carpets,no the carpets are dry as a bone.I am a bit reluctant to take it to another garage when i have already paid for this problem to be rectified,is it possible the guy who done the work has overlooked a part that causes the tank to lose water?

Thanks for the reply and hope you can adivse me further.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club