Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Disable Esp On 5Dr Zetec 1.6 Tdci

DumboBattyhead

I have a Quickco ford part 15 mins away from me so I got mine over the counter after they had to order it in.

Hi looks good will give TCH a call AM.

Dave

If by TCH you mean T C Harrison Derby then good luck! When I tried to buy a switch from them they said it wasn't listed for my car (2010 1.6TDCi Zetec) so they would not sell me one! I'm interested to know what they do for you.

What a bugger after all that my 59 reg titanium doesn't have it.No light on dash but the button has power because it lights up when you put lights on. :(

What a bugger after all that my 59 reg titanium doesn't have it.No light on dash but the button has power because it lights up when you put lights on. :(

Bad luck mate. :(

Hi DumboBattyhead have spoken to TCH Derby still on back order.

Just went in with part No and they put order on.

Thanks Dave :blink:

Hi DumboBattyhead have spoken to TCH Derby still on back order.

Just went in with part No and they put order on.

Thanks Dave blink.gif

You did better than I did. I didn't have the part number when I went in and when they could not find the switch listed as an option for my car that was that. No help and no sale.

sounds a bit TCH ish dont know how they keep going

Ok fitted and all working fine.

Thanks for the info.

Dave :D :lol: B)

PS Looks cool with lights on.

• 2 months later...

Possbily silly question but did anyone look at the pins that the switched crossed when used?? IE can I try it before buying the ford switch?

Also can you get the switch itslf with no surround. I've a 2010 Econetic and it should have ESP, but I have front and rear parking sensors too, so I either need a switch with both bits (don't care about the airbag disabled) or just the switch and pop out the blank out of my panel and pop the switch in.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello I've been reading all bout the esp button on here and its all very helpful, only help i'm getting it seems i've been in to ford to ask for the swtich but they say oh nothing coming up must be off another car, well i know from reading from what you guys have said thats not the case but they won't have that. From reading this i see you guys have ordered your own switch, i would just like to know where you got them and is there anywhere online you can get the switch? Only reason i want it is like you say need it for snow but also i'm a instructor so useful to show people how it makea a differents. i really like ford but they are always skimmping on something lol. Something else i got from them oh what you want to switch it off for? which i found abit rude, it's my car and i want the option of turning off and turning on what ever i want lol.

Please can someone help and tell me where i can get my own switch for my ford Fiesta Titanium 1.6

You just need to ring your dealer (parts dept) give them the part number and ask them to order it in. Do not give your reg otherwise computer says no (in that it won't list it for your vehicle)

OK thats what i did wrong i told them the make of the car, then as i went out i started looking at a fiesta metal and there it was esp button just the one i wanted lol. Can you tell me the part number?

OK thats what i did wrong i told them the make of the car, then as i went out i started looking at a fiesta metal and there it was esp button just the one i wanted lol. Can you tell me the part number?

Posts on here indicate it should be 1514081

thanks for that mate and just give them the number not the vehicle plate?

thanks for that mate and just give them the number not the vehicle plate?

Correct ;)

Hello again i've found my dealer do the switch cos i can't order it online i'm also reading you can turn esp off by the trip computer how can you do that?

Hello again i've found my dealer do the switch cos i can't order it online i'm also reading you can turn esp off by the trip computer how can you do that?

When you get it can you take a few photo of the front back so I can see how it connects. Want to try it on mine before I buy the switch, as I need the ESP and parking assist switch but not the airbag disable bit, and I don't know if I need to buy the 3 switch version and blank off the middle or there is a 2 switch version I can get.

I need the ESP and parking assist switch but not the airbag disable bit,

Unfortunately that's not a combination Ford do.

You can have:

ESP switch

Passenger airbag

ESP + passenger airbag

Parking sensors

Passenger airbag + parking sensors

Coin holder

fiestaswitches.png

Unfortunately that's not a combination Ford do.

Hmm,. Thank Nathan.

Can anyone share photos of the switch back? I don't see any reason it can't be done, It can't share common signal wires (although maybe an earth) it's a switch after all nothing complicated in it. I can 't think of any reason having front sensors should stop ESP working...

I'll have a read of the wiring diagrams later to see if the switch wiring is used and patched differently at the back end of the loom, but given Ford seem to have one loom fits all and others have the ESP already wired in seems silly.

tealeafuk Can you take photos of the switch when you get it and maybe do a pin out so I can try crossing pins in the connector. May have to build the panel myself...

i will do if i do it myself but my next question is should i get ford to do it or will they be a pain? i ordered it today and they said it will be in by friday. i asked can i get you guys to fit and he said talk to another department but if you guys say they will be a pain i will just get the new part and work something else out last thing i want to do is mess this up.

Right i won't be asking ford to do it for me cos i done it myself. i will say to anyone who is wanting to do this and is worried about breaking anything like i was, all i can say is follow what the people have said on here they know what they are talking about. I will say you do have to break the little plastic tab that holds the wire in place i don't know why ford have done this, the wire is there just plug it in. also when you lift the gear mesh up the plastic tabs towards the front of the car break very easy in fact if you do it with out breaking them its job well done. It's know big deal if you do break them. I'm hoping ford have my part tomorrow other wise i'm going to drive about with a wire hanging out cos i'm not taking it all off again. lol

Try and remember to take me somephotos , The Haynes wiring diagrams don't cover it so if I can see what wires the swithc used I cna see if I can fit it to my car wiht sensors, if it works then I can see about making the switches go in one frame...

Right i won't be asking ford to do it for me cos i done it myself. i will say to anyone who is wanting to do this and is worried about breaking anything like i was, all i can say is follow what the people have said on here they know what they are talking about. I will say you do have to break the little plastic tab that holds the wire in place i don't know why ford have done this, the wire is there just plug it in. also when you lift the gear mesh up the plastic tabs towards the front of the car break very easy in fact if you do it with out breaking them its job well done. It's know big deal if you do break them. I'm hoping ford have my part tomorrow other wise i'm going to drive about with a wire hanging out cos i'm not taking it all off again. lol

If i get it tomorrow i'll try to remember to take some pics for ya just hope it comes and its the right one.

Hi, I've never had a car with ESP before, can I ask what does it do, and what's the advantage to being able to turn it off? Also does anyone have an estimate as to how much Ford would charge to fit it? Only had the car 2 weeks and don't want to risk breaking bits off...

Hi, I've never had a car with ESP before, can I ask what does it do, and what's the advantage to being able to turn it off? Also does anyone have an estimate as to how much Ford would charge to fit it? Only had the car 2 weeks and don't want to risk breaking bits off...

See Wikipedia - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_stability_control most of the time you want it on, the system will detect slipping before you can, but on snow and ice it can make it worse. You expect to slip on ice but the sytem tries to override you.

Ford will probably NOT install the ESP off button, it's a Zetec S feature and if they install it on any car why would you spend money on the Zetec package, that said it appears to be easily retro fitted, by simply installing the switch.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club