Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Would you let a computer override you driving to prevent a crash?

Steve

Every year, 1.3 million people are killed and 50 million injured on the world’s roads. Carmakers are racing to create a vehicle that will never crash, but can it be done and will drivers accept a computer that overrides their driving? Would you let a computer override you at the wheel?

Yes computers help but driving and hazard perception remains soley with the driver so its Driver>Computer

we already do... Traction Control, ABS, EBA, Cruise Control... i guess this will just be the next step up...

I think it would feel odd when driving if all of a sudden it braked... It will probably work well, as long as it doesnt steer you out of one danger into another that is... lol

• Like 1

Definitely not. :rolleyes:

I would be in favour of this technology,

Although if the software kept crashing like the FOC Forum does these day's

I’d lose my no claims bonus very quickly :lol: :D

I would be in favour of this technology,

Although if the software kept crashing like the FOC Forum does these day's

I’d lose my no claims bonus very quickly :lol: :D

I wouldn't, because I don't even have any! :D

Only if it didnt use my TomTom software :-)

Or windows.... noone wants to see the blue screen of death, before they actually die... lol

"Automatic brakes are about to deploy, do you wish to continue?" - Yes - "automatic brakes have failed, accident is inevitable in 0.5 seconds, do you wish to deploy the airbag?" - Yes - "are you sure?" - Yes - "an error has occurred, would you like to send a report to microsoft for review?"...

I dread the days Microsoft get in my car! lol.

In all seriousness the technology sounds great however would you lose your no claims, if your car immediately brakes, and someone goes into the back of you? you werent in control of your vehicle? so does that mean that you could be punished for not remaining in control of your vehicle at all times?

If all cars going forth would have this technology (as I know the newer volvos are planning to!) with an alert system that spreads to other cars to also get them to apply their brakes - yes! However, now you have to account for Human error at the wheel as well as technical failure on the computer!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club