Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Showing Off..

focuscolin

Hi all just wanted to share a couple of pictures of my dash that i spent all day on yesterday ,I'm really happy with the result really UPS the inside what do you think.

IMAG0962.jpgIMAG0962.jpg BIG THANK YOU to lenny for suggesting the carbon wrap.

That looks really stylish and fresh.Well done there.

Very professional looking job. Nice one

Looks great , nice one.

I was thinking of doing mine matt black :)

What grade of vinyl did you get and from where?

Do you have a before photo?

Thanks for the comments I got the vinyl off eBay this is the seller, kakastyle (13071), it only cost me £7.28 for a 610mm by 1m sheet great service and they have loads of colours. Black would look nice I also like the dark gray. Sorry I don't have a before shot but my dash is a zetec so It's the silver one. The radio faceia the flappy thing and the part where the windscreen switches go was quite easy to apply but the centre console was a pig as its welded on.

:) nice job

It looks great, I could not tell the difference from the Titanium model. Fantastic job!

very nice job fella, keep up the good work.

• 2 weeks later...

Lovely job... Looks factory! B)

I just got a roll of bubble free black carbon vinyl yesterday so i'm going to give my old radio fascia and gear surround a go over the weekend.

Should be fun.

vinyl.jpg

That looks like 3m di-noc carbon film Clive...

That looks like 3m di-noc carbon film Clive...

Yep, apparently it has small air channels on the back to allow bubbles to disperse.

Having never done wrapping before - how easy is it to get smooth around curved parts and edges?

i don't want it to look like a crisp packet when finished.

hey stoney, i bought some 3M Di-Noc carbon fibre wrap, which apparently has those air channels what you mentioned and from experience it is very easy to fit and to get rid of the air bubbles...you use a hair drier and the film goes really flimsy and more flexible to get into the grooves...

heres a couple of piccies, just done the small silver bits on the steering wheel. bit too dark to take photos...but enjoy the current.

post-17334-0-47266200-1331860963_thumb.j

post-17334-0-63966300-1331860974_thumb.j

post-17334-0-18965800-1331860986_thumb.j

Yep, that's exactly the effect I'm aiming for.

Thanks for the pointers.

I have that dash on my titanium , is it standard in the titanium then?

cheers

Hi stoney I really enjoyed doing mine again I've never wrapped anything before and found it quite easy, to wrap it round the corners use a hair dryer when its nice a warm just bend it round till It's nice and flush its tough stuff so don't worry about being to hard with it don't forget to use a credit card to make it all smooth and push the air out.

Hi all just wanted to share a couple of pictures of my dash that i spent all day on yesterday ,I'm really happy with the result really UPS the inside what do you think.

BIG THANK YOU to lenny for suggesting the carbon wrap.

That Looks Fantastic mate,

i may have a good eye for choosing the right stuff but your a legend at putting it on mate,

it looks factory done and you have gotten it to hug tight on the corners and curves beautifully.

Top Class mate. B)

Colin youve made such a good job of that i reckon you ought to do a guide but seeing as you have already done yours i can donate some pieces but would need them back. :D

Colin youve made such a good job of that i reckon you ought to do a guide but seeing as you have already done yours i can donate some pieces but would need them back. :D

Nice one :lol:

Nice one :lol:

That was a good attempt. :lol:

Definitely worth a try. ;)

That's a quality job right there! Really well done B)

LOL ha thanks lads I'm really happy with the results ,I've had two people ask me where i bought the dash from , I'm thinkin of doing it again tho in dark gray :-) steads if you live round the leicester area I'd have a go mate the price for my services is a crate of beer Lol, all I need now is a Sony radio and jobs a good en.

Thanks for the offer colin i,m just about to order a roll and have a go might be picking your brains to how you got it so neat around bends and corners hope i can get it as neat .

my whole car is havin a complete make over interior and exterior as well as new engine just replaced that .mk3 rear bumper and spoilerclear rear lights titanium half leather interior goin put st wheels on and drilled n slotted discs front and rear.and complete mk3 front end all of ebays finest items to keep the cost down .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club