Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus

greggp

Parked next to a new focus titanium today and when the owner unlocked it with key fob it activated side lights. Seem to recalk the mk6 fiesta facelift being the same! Why wasnt this feature fitted on the mk2.5 focus? Anyone know if it can be done, as although only a minor feature, I actually quite like it :-)

I thought this was a standard feature on modern Fords, certainly the Fords I've owned/driven/known over the past 5 ish years have done it. It's a nice touch, I agree :)

Maybe it can be activated, someone more knowledgeable than myself will probably be along shortly...

I think the latest mondeos have it and the last model of fiesta facelift onwards did and presumably the new fissta does but not my 08 focus :-(

maybe its linked to the same wiring as the interior courtesy light

I can't remember if I had that on my 2.5 so forgive me for asking an obvious question! But is it not on your menu system on the trip computer- where you adjust the steering etc?

I think it would be, yes. They certainly all go on and off at the same time.

As Loz Cheung suggested, check your settings... could be as simple as selecting on in the menu ;)

I think the latest mondeos have it and the last model of fiesta facelift onwards did and presumably the new fissta does but not my 08 focus :-(

Well I can confirm that the mk6.5 side lights and rear lights come on when unlocking the car along with the interior courtesy light. ^_^ So im guessing that they are linked up somehow.

Mine also has the homesafe lights which I also presume all mk6.5's came with cause my bf's Fiesta ST had them too!

The mk 2.5 defo doesn't have this feature, I suppose it could be done easily enough but you might as well just put the headlight switch onto the P mode. This keeps the sidelights front and rear on for a period of time, although I've never counted how long for as I don't really put it on.

Also when the car is turned off, pulling the main beam stalk towards you will activate the home safe lights, these stay on for about a min if car is unlocked and 30 seconds once locked

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club