Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil And Filter Change - Petrol 1.4

pcdj

I'm intending on having a go at changing the oil and filter on my mk7 1.4 petrol tomorrow, should the weather hold up. I've got all the gear but unfortunately haven't been able to find a suitable guide either on any of the Fiesta-related forums nor on YouTube.

Could anyone assist with the following questions...

- Is the filter reached via the underside of the car or can it be removed through the top of the engine bay?

- Any special tools required to remove/replace the canister filter?

- Is it necessary to replace the sump plug and/or washer during the procedure?

- Is there an undertray present on these, and if so what tools are necessary to remove it?

Thanks!

I'm intending on having a go at changing the oil and filter on my mk7 1.4 petrol tomorrow, should the weather hold up. I've got all the gear but unfortunately haven't been able to find a suitable guide either on any of the Fiesta-related forums nor on YouTube.

Could anyone assist with the following questions...

- Is the filter reached via the underside of the car or can it be removed through the top of the engine bay?

- Any special tools required to remove/replace the canister filter?

- Is it necessary to replace the sump plug and/or washer during the procedure?

- Is there an undertray present on these, and if so what tools are necessary to remove it?

Thanks!

Hi

I'm not sure that this going to be much help but I saw a chap do a service on a fiesta on 5th gear on Tuesday night. He went underneath to get the filter off. (I should say he had it up on a ramp as he was using a garage where you can rent a ramp and tools)

He said to remove the filter you can use any filter removal tool. There is nothing specific or special that you need. He didn't say about the sump plug or washer but I would fit a new washer just to be safe. And as for the last question. I don't think there is an undertray. Mine doesn't and neither did the one on the tv.

It's worth noting if its still under warranty you need to use genuine ford parts again this was the advice of the chap on 5th gear.

Hopes this helps in some way

Adrian.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club