Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Minor Scratch

dizwod

Hi,

Just a question,

Got a new Focus and have noticed a very very very slight scratch on the drivers door.

Cannot feel the scratch when i touch it its that light.

Whats the best way of sorting this? I dont want to be using anything which removes the paint at all.

I have metallic paint also so not sure if theres any good recommendations to sort this. Not even had this a week yet :(

Pic of scratch attached looks worse in the pic though

lCOXSY7Jy0Ay3TQEbqhZlBJ1LI5UkKDMpXNlEspFlCOXSY7Jy0Ay3TQEbqhZlBJ1LI5UkKDMpXNlEspF

post-41949-0-95030600-1364057917_thumb.j

Try a small buffer on a cordless drill you can pick these up from halfrauds used on mine to sort minor sratches works a treat with the coloured polish or t cut

Agreed a small buff would get rid of that i wet the area with a spray bottle of water when using t cut and buffers just incase you burn the paint easily done did it the first time i used a buffer luckily just a small patch but lesson learned when the old man showed me how i should have done it

I have never buffed anything on a car so a little cautious.

I only every T-cut my older car but that was a state. T-cutting wouldnt damage the paint around the area at all would it?

Use a microfibre cloth wet it then wring it out so its damp dont push down on it just gently rub let the t cut do the work wipe off and check if the marks away then polish wont damage the paint

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club