Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Focus 2007 Low Gas At Cold Start And Engine Idles And Stalled.

ideuz

I wonder if some one can give me a lead to resolve this issue.

Since a couple of months my Focus starts normally in the morning, but it appears it does not have enough fuel to keep the engine running, rpm goes down to 500 or less and the engine stops. I have to push the gas intermittently to compensate for the lack of gas until the engine runs over 1500 rpm and then it works normally. This does not happen when the engine is hot.

Now I have to push the gas pedal three or more times before to start the engine, that appears to help, but it does not solve the problem. The engine can go into stalled either way.

During normal driving it tends to run at very low rpm around 700 and sometimes the engine stops while I am not pushing the gas pedal.

I was told the temperature sensor may be the issue, but I think it has to do with the fuel pump or something in the fuel system. Or maybe something related with the setting of the cruiser rpm?

I will appreciate any lead.

• 5 months later...

I wonder if some one can give me a lead to resolve this issue.

Since a couple of months my Focus starts normally in the morning, but it appears it does not have enough fuel to keep the engine running, rpm goes down to 500 or less and the engine stops. I have to push the gas intermittently to compensate for the lack of gas until the engine runs over 1500 rpm and then it works normally. This does not happen when the engine is hot.

Now I have to push the gas pedal three or more times before to start the engine, that appears to help, but it does not solve the problem. The engine can go into stalled either way.

During normal driving it tends to run at very low rpm around 700 and sometimes the engine stops while I am not pushing the gas pedal.

I was told the temperature sensor may be the issue, but I think it has to do with the fuel pump or something in the fuel system. Or maybe something related with the setting of the cruiser rpm?

I will appreciate any lead.

Some may give some advice on this issue?

Hi Eric,

First off, what engine is it? and is it petrol or diesel?

If its diesel, its probably related to the glow plugs, if its petrol its more likely to be a Mass Air Flow sensor issue.

Best thing to do is to disconnect the mass air flow sensor, then start the engine, does it work any easier? if so, its a faulty sensor, if not, then you need to look at the combustion cycle. In which case, it will be either Not enough air, not enough fuel, or not enough spark / heat.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, did you ever solve this? As I seem to have the same problem, 2.0l petrol with random rough starts. Need to give it a bit of welly on the gas to get it going, low revs & dies if not. It's got better since a full service a coupe of months ago but probably happens on 10% of start ups. Currently not a big enough problem to start spending money on but it's very annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC mobile app

I had this issue. Someone suggested changing the coolant temp sensor as they had same problem. Touch wood once I changed it car starts better. Hecht had the stalling issue since. Bit embarrassing when your car don't don't start.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club