Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Convenience Pack

666Damian666

When ordering a Fiesta from new on the main Ford website, does anybody know what's part of the convenience pack as it doesn't mention which is abit weird

I'm sure someone on here has it on their Fiesta

Convenience Pack:

Includes Keyless Entry with Ford Power Start Button & Powerfold Door Mirrors

Cheers iNath

Thought it had something to do with that due to the picture they show on the website of the push button start button on the dash , but I wouldn't have guessed the power fold mirrors come as part of the package

Parking sensors are part of the city pack ;)

City Pack: Style, Zetec, Zetec S
Includes Rear Parking Distance Sensors; Power-Foldable Door Mirrors with Puddle Lamps
City Pack: Titanium
Includes Rear Parking Distance Sensors

Interesting as I have had 2 different answers

Maybe it's the parking sensors along with the power mirrors and keyless entry if the price has gone from £300 to £425

Parking sensors are part of the city pack ;)

City Pack: Style, Zetec, Zetec S

Includes Rear Parking Distance Sensors; Power-Foldable Door Mirrors with Puddle Lamps

City Pack: Titanium

Includes Rear Parking Distance Sensors

Page 10 of the price list: http://www.ford.co.uk/cs/BlobServer?blobtable=MungoBlobs&blobcol=urldata&blobheadervalue1=attachment;filename="Pricelist+Fiesta+(Effective+1+October+2013).pdf"&blobheadervalue2=abinary;charset=UTF-8&blobheadername1=Content-Disposition&blobheadername2=MDT-Type&blobheader=application/pdf&blobwhere=1214459236241&blobkey=id

There's a reason why you are called a Super Mod, lol

Cheers for helping :-)

On a Focus the convenience pack comes with parking sensors ;)

On a Focus the convenience pack comes with parking sensors ;)

I'm glad they don't come with the Fiesta as I like the clean look on a car(de-badging etc) & the parking sensors take away from that look

They take away a clean look far less than dents ;)

Lol true, but I have not reversed into anything yet (touch wood)

'Yet' being the operative word here ;).

I rely on my sensors daily.

I have to because parking outside my house is tricky to say the least.

Is the £300 to £425 difference you are seeing between models (zetec/titanium/etc)? Some models (eg the ST) already have the power start button and thus the convenience pack only includes the keyless entry and powerfold mirrors, whereas on other models it also has to include the start button hence the price difference.

How exactly does the the keyless entry work, surely it doesn't open the car every time you get close. As what if you regularly walk past it but don't need to get in it & also does it lock when you get out and walk away ?

There's a little black button on each of the front door handles (shame it isn't colour coded), when you press one of these it checks to see if the key fob is very close by (ie on you or a person stood next to you). If it finds the key near the door on which the button was pressed it unlocks the car (pressing the passenger button with the key by the driver door won't unlock it). The same goes for the boot - simply trying to open it with the key near by will unlock just the boot. As a cool side feature, if you lock the boot with the key in it it will pop open again (if you're going to test this like I did only do it when the spare key is to hand though just in case :P).

Locking works the same, once all the doors and the boot are shut press one of the door handle buttons with the key in range to lock the car. It doesn't automatically lock when you walk away - everything is manually controlled by the buttons. Though if you unlock the car by any means and don't open a door within a short time it will lock again.

I need to use less brackets.

My dads land rover was missing that side feature! Left the key in his coat when he put it in the boot after work one day and then closed it. Que awkward phone call from his office to mine shortly after!

There's a little black button on each of the front door handles (shame it isn't colour coded), when you press one of these it checks to see if the key fob is very close by (ie on you or a person stood next to you). If it finds the key near the door on which the button was pressed it unlocks the car (pressing the passenger button with the key by the driver door won't unlock it). The same goes for the boot - simply trying to open it with the key near by will unlock just the boot. As a cool side feature, if you lock the boot with the key in it it will pop open again (if you're going to test this like I did only do it when the spare key is to hand though just in case :P).

Locking works the same, once all the doors and the boot are shut press one of the door handle buttons with the key in range to lock the car. It doesn't automatically lock when you walk away - everything is manually controlled by the buttons. Though if you unlock the car by any means and don't open a door within a short time it will lock again.

I need to use less brackets.

Thanks for explaining

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club