Do Not Sell My Personal Information

57 Plate Mondeo 2.0 Titanium X

AlanD1983

Hi,

I have just bought a mondeo 2.0 Titanium x, the car is going great really happy but i noticed i have reverse sensors on the rear bumper but get no sound when I place the car in reverse even when I'm practically touching my garage door??

Do i need to activate them somehow or is replacement fuse needed??

Any help would be great.

Many thanks

Alan

First off, do you have reverse lights on? if not, check the reverse switch on the gearbox, if so, find the unit for the reverse sensors.

If its OEM, there is often a button on the dash to enable or disable, so make sure this is set. If they are aftermarket, or do not have a dash button, your best looking behind the left side boot panel, you will find the unit there. You may need to replace the buzzer as it may have blown.

Hi yes reverse light work perfect, the sensors in the bumper are factory ones.

I get no tone at all when I engage reverse, there is no button on the dash anywhere.

Is the buzzer located by the small fuse box in the boot?

Thanks

I think its behind the panel itself as opposed to next to the fusebox.

Without meaning to sound silly, does the car actually have the reverse parking aid? Has it just had a replacement bumper with blanks in the holes?

I would have thought if the car was equipped with it there would be a button to acivate/deactivate it

There should be a parking sensor button just above the top right hand comer of the radio head unit

HHMM I have a 55plate Titanium X and I dont have a button to deactivate the Rear Parking sensors

I have the button on the mk4 59 which is the same as the 57 plate I'm not sure about the mk3 as I've never been in on which only runs up to 56 plate

Depending on when the parking aids where fitted and with what hardware determines if the button is there. for example, if its installed at factory, the button will be present. If installed at the dealership, it wont necessarily have the button.

Its worth looking under the bumper to see if there are wires and to confirm that in fact the sensors are present and as mentioned its not just blanks in the bumper. If you do have the wires though, follow the guidance to check the unit for operation and buzzer operation.

James, I think you've hit the nail on the head there. If it doesn't have the button it seems likely that it's either a replacement bumper or an aftermarket kit that has either gone faulty or become disconnected.

I would agree I have read wrong as I thought they were known factory fitted sensors

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club