Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus Tdi 1.8 2000 New Clutch Cost ?

weseeyou

has anyone had a Clutch replacement done on this model recently please that could give me an idea of how much it is likely to cost (labour and materials ) if done in a garage .
I an unlikely to be able to tackle this on my own due to reoccurring back problem .

may have to bite the bullet and scrap the car .

many thanks

does it have a dual mass flywheel? if it does it would cost around £600+ including labour

m good question ! I have no idea.

Is there any way I can tell without stripping it ?

Just checked the manual and the clutch should be a iB5 type 210mm single dry plate diaphram spring clutch asembly . It doesn't say anything about dual mass ?

i believe if its a TDCi engine then it does, if its TDDi then it doesnt

£250-£300 for the clutch change.

Where are you located?

Hi Stef123

thanks for your reply

I'm near Crewkerne South Somerset.

I got an estimate from sa local garage of £350-400 today but they warned me it was subject to what they find ie new drive shafts etc .

I kinda got the impression they were setting me up for undisclosed extras as they have MOT tested the car only last week so know it well .

New driveshafts.. Driveshaft seals maybe. Sounds like they are gonna take the mick. Their price seems quite steep too!

sorry Stef I seem to always have problems loging in on this site for some reason. Firefox playing up.

I thought that the price was rather high too but perhaps they also assumed that it had a dual mass clutch ?

I'll give them a ring tomorrow and see how they are costing it. They are generally a good bunch and I take all my vehicles to them for MOT .

I thought he said that when the shafts are removed they can introduce dirt ? presumably from the gaiters ?

I wasn't really paying attention when I realised that he wasn't going to give me a firm price quotation. Theres £ 80 Vat on top of that as well!....

i found two local Ford Focus taxed and MOT'd for half a year for £800 yesterday and both looked a better prospect than keeping this money pit .

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club