Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Super Bored...

Ianb

So, sitting in Plymouth city council car park waiting while my fiancée 'drops in a couple letters and forms'...

One entire CD later and I'm feeling a little duped... Has she run off to the shops whilst I'm waiting?

Oo, things are looking up, found a red hot chili pepper album in the glovebox... Didn't know that was in there :)

Sent via carrier pigeon using Ford OC

To be fair...it may not be her fault...you know what Councils are like...

"Hello Madam, we need to fill this request form for permission to apply for the option to deliver your forms *hands over 1st set of forms totalling 48 pages*"

"But I know who it needs to go to, I can see them there - sat at that desk!!"

"In that case, you also need to complete a pre-meeting assessment form *92 page form*"

"Everything is in this letter though?"

"Ah, but that letter isn't written in English, Polish, Lithuanian, Arabic, Urdu, Braille and BSL"

"I'm English...the person I need to see is English...you're English..."

"THAT'S RACIALLY PREJUDICED - I need you to fill out this multi-ethnicity questionnaire before I can eject you from the building *8,469 page form*"

• Like 6

Plymouth council is crap.

The civic centre is falling apart (hence the covered entrance, they're there to protect you from steel cables running up the columns to stop it crumbling).

The staff are particularly unhelpful and very ( very! ) good at being extremely bureaucratic.

• Like 1

:lol: It was all ok in the end, I was sitting there in the comfy car listening to the RHCP's for a little while, my love came out with a face like thunder which made me laugh :lol:

...She said she joined one queue at the main reception, that took forever, by the time she reached the counter the man told her the queue she needs to go to is 'over there'. So she went and joined that, then when she reached the lady, the lady said "I'm very busy at the moment, can you go join that queue".... and really I think it more or less continued like that....

...so hearing the story didn't half make me chuckle :lol:

I told her that if I'd known she was going to be that long I'd have taken my tools and fitted that egr blanking plate!.. (that didn't go down too well! LOL)

• Like 3

haha, thats why I always keep a set of tools in the car :D screwdriver bits, ratchet driver and plenty of sizes.... just in case of lifes little emergencies :D

• Like 1

"my love came out"

How sweet! That's how it always starts. Love is like a deck of cards: At first you need 2 hearts and a diamond but later you wish you had a club and a spade :lol:

• Like 5

"my love came out"

How sweet! That's how it always starts. Love is like a deck of cards: At first you need 2 hearts and a diamond but later you wish you had a club and a spade :lol:

hahaha

Love it!

Anyone would have thought your a divorce lawyer with comments like that ;) either that, or very experienced :D

hahaha

Love it!

Anyone would have thought your a divorce lawyer with comments like that ;) either that, or very experienced :D

Maybe he is a divorce lawyer or maybe a judge haha ;)

haha, nah Dave is into Consumre Rights, he stops us being swindled by the cowboys. Although I do wonder if he has a divorce interest, perhaps hes studying that too, just in case a washing machine purchase goes wrong, he can fight the man and then when the womans had enough offer her the divorce :p

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club