Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kuga - Power Tail Gate

mixymax

Just bought my 63 plate Kuga Titanium X Sport with Power Tailgate (with hands free sweep operation beneath rear bumper).

On a few occasions whilst messing around in boot area the tail gate has for some reason started to lower by itself??????

Fortunately the 'bounce back safety facility has kicked in and no injury caused..............

Before I return to the dealership and probably embarrass myself, I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same and /or is it something I am doing wrong.

I did at first suspect that my feet may have been activating the sensor behind the rear bumper but to be honest I don't think that is the case

Hi Malcolm, its entirely possible that your feet did set the functionality off. As such, the sweep of your foot meant the car thought you wanted it to close and as such has done as it thought you asked.

Short of disabling the system I dont know if your likely to stop this occurring again without either chopping your feet off, or trying to keep them away from the bumper whilst working in the boot. I wonder if you can disable the sensor under the boot with a bit of tape and just use the keyfob button to trigger the auto lift and close?

Hi James,

Thanks for your post...... I don't think I'll take you up on your first suggestion though !!!! I like my feet just where they are.

I'll go for the second option and make sure the wife does it - sorry what I meant to say was I'll keep my feet out of the way if that is the cause.

I am told that there are 2 sensors located beneath the bumper so when the rain clears up I'll try and take a look

Actually I do find - and tend to use - the fob - as this an easier way of opening the tailgate

Again many thanks for taking the time to reply

No worries hopefully covering the sensor is all you need

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club