Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Automatic Won't Start

MartinR

My daughter bought a 2009 fiesta titanium automatic from an independent dealer 10 days ago. Yesterday it wouldn't start. The engine doesn't turn and the only noise is a faint electrical hum from the BACK of the car while the start button is pressed. There are no warnings on the centre console and if I deliberately don't press the brake the "press the brake to start" message is displayed, so that bit seems to be working.

The car actually exhibited a fault before she even picked it up (but unfortunately after paying the deposit). This was found to be some "switch" (dealers description) that had failed, causing the alternator to fail, resulting in a flat battery. They changed the switch, alternator and battery and all seemed well until yesterday. I guess it could be the same issue, but the battery doesn't seem flat - lights are bright and a jump start made no difference. I'll check the charge with a multimeter later. We tried pushing the car a few feet to see if that freed up something, putting it in and out of drive, fiddling with all the switches (everything works) but to no avail...

Any ideas?

Martin

It turns out a jump start wasn't tried - daughter's boyfriend had connected the cables but saw the bonnet open message and abandoned the attempt. Doh.

I jumped it this morning and it was started fine. However the battery is not charging, so it seems to be a repeat of the same issue. I contacted the dealer and they are going to collect the car tommorrow, leave a courtesy car and take the matter up with Bosch , who did the original work...

Martin

It turns out a jump start wasn't tried - daughter's boyfriend had connected the cables but saw the bonnet open message and abandoned the attempt. Doh.

I jumped it this morning and it was started fine. However the battery is not charging, so it seems to be a repeat of the same issue. I contacted the dealer and they are going to collect the car tommorrow, leave a courtesy car and take the matter up with Bosch , who did the original work...

Martin

Probably the battery. My 09 fiesta came which a dead one, wouldn't charge. Ford put a new one I'm for me. I didn't have jump leads so bump started it. Can't do that in a auto however.

Sent from my iPad using Ford OC

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club