Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear View Camera Guidlines, Colour Distance Bar

brokeroad

New to the forum, I have a new Fiesta Titanium x 125. Very nice car, but the rear view camera guidlines and colour distance bar do not display when the camera is in operation whilst reversing. I did see them flash up on the display briefly on one occasion.

Any tips on how to get this working? It's not much use without them.

Mine is the same,here are a few things i get with mine.

comes on blue then goes off

you may get the green box/and a book

red bar/other bars works most of the time on mine but sometimes nothing.

i do always get the beeps,its the weather or wet/damp most of the times.

If any one does reply to this post i would like to know the same????

My Fiesta used to get the blue screen issue when put in reverse, took it into Ford, they ran a new wire from the mirror and now all is working. That's all they would tell me (it's a Lex car). :)

New to the forum, I have a new Fiesta Titanium x 125. Very nice car, but the rear view camera guidlines and colour distance bar do not display when the camera is in operation whilst reversing. I did see them flash up on the display briefly on one occasion.

Any tips on how to get this working? It's not much use without them.

Did you sort this out as i keep getting blue square or lines,its like interference off something??

It never has a good day.

On my Titanium X 125 I can turn on/off the guidlines and colour bars (when reversing and the rear view is displayed on screen) by using the four function buttons on the Sony DAB radio - you should see them as text options along the bottom of the screen.

What I can't get is the predictive turning line and Ford don't seem to know how to turn it on either!

On my Titanium X 125 I can turn on/off the guidlines and colour bars (when reversing and the rear view is displayed on screen) by using the four function buttons on the Sony DAB radio - you should see them as text options along the bottom of the screen.

What I can't get is the predictive turning line and Ford don't seem to know how to turn it on either!

I have nothing like that on my pre-facelift,i know where the options are on the dash screen but its nothing about mirror.

It ''removed'' me off'' at times as there are on setting at all,mirror button on/off and thats it.

Yes it's the four function buttons on the radio. I took it to a Ford dealer and someone kindly explained, it's not mentioned in the Ford manual that came with the car. I have Centerline selected (2nd button from the left), that gives me the guidlines and predictive turning line. The colour distance bars are the P Pilot option (3rd button from the left), that might be the blue squares jace mentioned. First button is zoom options and 4th to switch the camera off.

So you turn the radio on and start car and in reverse then press the buttons,i know the 4 buttons you mean,they are used for the radio stuff,far right is messages.

I just still have the same,message etc when radio on,i have pressed them and held them down but nothing goes on.

Jace that doesn't apply to our version...only the facelift (dashboard screen version)

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

Jace that doesn't apply to our version...only the facelift (dashboard screen version)

Ok cheers,ford dealer AGAIN dam thing

Yes it's the four function buttons on the radio. I took it to a Ford dealer and someone kindly explained, it's not mentioned in the Ford manual that came with the car. I have Centerline selected (2nd button from the left), that gives me the guidlines and predictive turning line. The colour distance bars are the P Pilot option (3rd button from the left), that might be the blue squares jace mentioned. First button is zoom options and 4th to switch the camera off.

Something's definitely wrong on my Titanium X then (2014 with Sony DAB) as the 2nd button from the left only turns the guidelines on or off - no predictive line. Back to Ford we go!

Something's definitely wrong on my Titanium X then (2014 with Sony DAB) as the 2nd button from the left only turns the guidelines on or off - no predictive line. Back to Ford we go!

Same here,there sick of me ringing or going back,even the chap who sold it me says 'what you here again for'

You have a better chance yours being new,i have a good warrenty ( AA ) when i had it and covers all the stuff as i asked before as there are a lot of electric stuff to go wrong,wish it was never on the car.

Same here,there sick of me ringing or going back,even the chap who sold it me says 'what you here again for'

You have a better chance yours being new,i have a good warrenty ( AA ) when i had it and covers all the stuff as i asked before as there are a lot of electric stuff to go wrong,wish it was never on the car.

It's the one thing that sours what has otherwise been an amazing purchase. It's not that I need or want the predictive line but it just bugs me that it's not there and makes me wonder what else might not be working...

If Ford ever figure out whats wrong I'll be sure to post it...

It's the one thing that sours what has otherwise been an amazing purchase. It's not that I need or want the predictive line but it just bugs me that it's not there and makes me wonder what else might not be working...

If Ford ever figure out whats wrong I'll be sure to post it...

Your spot on,if its there it should work.

Here are a few pics of my problem and its a pain.

post-52758-0-63218400-1419241889_thumb.j

post-52758-0-32848200-1419241900_thumb.j

post-52758-0-87889700-1419241910_thumb.j

What you think,camera gone/mirror gone or wireing .

What did the garage say when you went to get it fixed under your AA warranty?

What did the garage say when you went to get it fixed under your AA warranty?

Well i live in hope,i aint been yet as xmas and i always need a car 24/7 so i might just ask but sort it out after.

when i had the car i asked about what it will cover,radio/elec mirrors.camera etc,i need one of there courtesy cars and like a week + booking to get one.

Well i live in hope,i aint been yet as xmas and i always need a car 24/7 so i might just ask but sort it out after.

when i had the car i asked about what it will cover,radio/elec mirrors.camera etc,i need one of there courtesy cars and like a week + booking to get one.

Can't say I know what's causing that but it looks similar to when video display devices don't receive a signal so hopefully it's just the wiring to the rear camera. Really hope you can get that sorted under the warranty!

Can't say I know what's causing that but it looks similar to when video display devices don't receive a signal so hopefully it's just the wiring to the rear camera. Really hope you can get that sorted under the warranty!

Car booked in for the 9th jan,said it might be software update.????

Going to give them a print out of the pics to show them.

I picked my new titanium x up a week ago, My camera so far seems to be operating correctly with the colour distance bars and the dotted predictive guidelines all showing up even in these cold temperatures.

It does state in the manual temperatures can affect this but have not had this problem yet.

Hopefully you will get it fixed asap

I picked my new titanium x up a week ago, My camera so far seems to be operating correctly with the colour distance bars and the dotted predictive guidelines all showing up even in these cold temperatures.

It does state in the manual temperatures can affect this but have not had this problem yet.

Hopefully you will get it fixed asap

Well i did think that so i was going to leave it at first but thought its best to get it even just looked at

while under there 3 months cover from ford or my AA full cover i had when i got the car so then they can' say they aint looked at it,i did have the lines but never get them now and it does everything as on the pics i put on here.

Car booked in for the 9th jan,said it might be software update.????

Going to give them a print out of the pics to show them.

Hope they manage to sort it out for you. Keep us updated on how it goes!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club