Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Can Anyone Help??

winslet101

I have a 2001 Mondeo Estate LX 2.0 TD. Great car.

For the last two months however it has developed a terrible knocking/grinding noise coming from the front of the car - mainly drivers side. The sound gets worse when turning especially on a roundabout but the noise is there when driving along a straight road. I can also feel the vibration on the pedals.

It sounds like a problem with the front suspension. A mechanic has replaced the front drivers side coil spring and also both anti- roll bar link arms (both common faulty parts on Fords I am told), but to no avail. Both he and the local Ford dealership have inspected it and are unable to find the cause of the problem, even though they assure me that it is safe! They have looked at all known possibilities but have not found the cause.

Are they missing something?

Any help will be very gladly received. It is driving me mad. It is also taking the whole pleasure out of driving. :(

Hi,

Have they looked at the CV joint?, also you need to get the coil spring on the other side changed they should be done in pairs its dangerous otherwise.

H

Hi,

Have they looked at the CV joint?, also you need to get the coil spring on the other side changed they should be done in pairs its dangerous otherwise.

H

Hi,

I did wonder about the other coil spring but was told it was fine. The spring that was replaced was badly worn and the noise disappeared after it was fitted but soon returned. Will look into the CV Joint.

Thanks for your suggestions.

W

• 4 weeks later...

I now have a cure at last! The OSF shock absorber started to leak this week and showed itself to be defective. It has been replaced and now I can enjoy driving again!

:rolleyes: