Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Head Unit Upgrade

Mike90

Hi I'm wanting to upgrade the head unit in my 09 ford fiesta. Is it just as simple as buying the Sony dab unit from eBay or other such sites? I already know I'd have to upgrade the aerial which isn't an issue. I'm more interested to know if I'd have to change the plugs on wiring loom. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hey,

I can't remember which way around this goes but bear with me.

If you take out your cd player and it has 2 holes in the back for looms to plug into then you can just buy the DAB unit and plug it in, if it's only one hole at the back then an additional loom is required for it to work.

It might be the opposite of what I just said, I read a guide on it a fair while back on another forum.

I would also like to know if the Sony head unit provides any other advantages. I'm sure better sound quality might be one of them, but do the advantages justify the cost?

I'm not sure about advantages within the head unit itself as I've never bothered with them (that's what aux and usb are for haha)

I'm pretty sure the Speakers are upgraded on factory fit models though.

As for my last post, I vaguely remember a "yellow connector" being mentioned...

I know, I know, I'm a wealth of information...

• Like 1

Okay, I've just ordered the tools to take the head unit out to look at the connectors. Knowing my luck it'll only have the one connector. If that is the case is the upgrade completely out of the question or is there an adapter I can buy to allow for the Sony dab head unit?

Tools? You should only need your hands and a basic torx screwdriver set mate, can't remember the exact size t20 I think.

I'm sure there will be something you can get (ford would need to make it an easy transfer if someone ordered your car with dab from factory)

If I've got time tomorrow I'll double check the back of mine as I know mine is the "plug and play" type

Should clarify by tools I mean the keys to remove the face plate. All help is much appreciated aswell so if you do get a chance thanks mate.

A 2009 model will have no doubt have the old style single black squarish connector, rather than the new standard 24 pin wide and thin connector. You won't be able to swap them over as is and nor is a conversion cable available AFAIK :(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

A 2009 model will have no doubt have the old style single black squarish connector, rather than the new standard 24 pin wide and thin connector. You won't be able to swap them over as is and nor is a conversion cable available AFAIK :(

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

And is your stereo the one with bluetooth and USB, or will it not matter either way?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club