Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

37 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the feeling in my throat and general hot and cold sensation in my body that makes me think I am coming down with something.  God damn it!!

That's the flu mate;

I had that last sunday&Monday then Tuesday i was sneezing loads and rynny nose.

get yourself some Lemsip cough&cold tablets there great although took me two box's to get rid of the flu lasted six days.

IMG_20161221_235503_zpsfrbirgox.jpg

I really don't like;

well I'm feeling a pitfall of bottomless disappointment at this stage and somewhat hopelessness towards my wife regarding Household appliances.

we're in the house nine years now and we have had to replace;

3 Bosch washing machines

2 Zanusi tumble dryers

2 Tefal Toasters

4 Bosch Oven's 

4 Bosch Dishwashers 

Two of the washing machines broke because the pockets in the cloths were not checked for items prior to loading, which later blocked the drain, 

The machine then had to be taken out from under the kitchen counter to release the drain pipe, she pulled it out by the drum which warped the chassis causing an imbalance meaning the machine wouldn't rotate and displayed an error.

Third machine was drain pump got blocked from rotating by a Sylvanian family wine bottle.

dishwashers then; the drain and circulation pumps got blocked with sweetcorn and the clear sleeve wrappers from capri-Sun straws,

Only takes a minute extra to check the pockets of cloths and to rinse the dishes before putting them in the diswasher.

The average appliance costs minimum €350. In an attempt to improve the lifespan of the appliances I've made her a proposal that if an appliance doesn't break from January to December I'll give you €350 instead of having to replace one, 

Almost worked until I get home from work tonight and the drain on the diswasher isint working and the filter is caked with melted cheddar cheese😧

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

That's the flu mate;

I had that last sunday&Monday then Tuesday i was sneezing loads and rynny nose.

get yourself some Lemsip cough&cold tablets there great although took me two box's to get rid of the flu lasted six days.

IMG_20161221_235503_zpsfrbirgox.jpg

I'll do that, cheers.  Unfortunately I don't hold out too much hope, as my body is almost immune to any sort of medication...

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Lenny said:

I really don't like;

well I'm feeling a pitfall of bottomless disappointment at this stage and somewhat hopelessness towards my wife regarding Household appliances.

3 Bosch washing machines

2 Zanusi tumble dryers

2 Tefal Toasters

4 Bosch Oven's 

4 Bosch Dishwashers 

Two of the washing machines broke because the pockets in the cloths were not checked for items prior to loading, which later blocked the drain, 

The machine then had to be taken out from under the kitchen counter to release the drain pipe, she pulled it out by the drum which warped the chassis causing an imbalance meaning the machine wouldn't rotate and displayed an error.

Third machine was drain pump got blocked from rotating by a Sylvanian family wine bottle.

dishwashers then; the drain and circulation pumps got blocked with sweetcorn and the clear sleeve wrappers from capri-Sun straws,

Only takes a minute extra to check the pockets of cloths and to rinse the dishes before putting them in the diswasher.

The average appliance costs minimum €350. In an attempt to improve the lifespan of the appliances I've made her a proposal that if an appliance doesn't break from January to December I'll give you €350 instead of having to replace one, 

Almost worked until I get home from work tonight and the drain on the diswasher isint working and the filter is caked with melted cheddar cheese😧

I'm not even going to comment on that... :shock:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lenny said:

I really don't like;

3 Bosch washing machines

2 Zanusi tumble dryers

2 Tefal Toasters

4 Bosch Oven's 

4 Bosch Dishwashers 

That's a staggering amount of household appliances:ohmy::shocking::jawdrop:

Buy her a Haynes Washing Manual and a Haynes Dishwasher Manual, so she can repair them, next time she omits to check the pockets or rinse the dishes.

• Like 1

Wait...you have to wash dishes before putting them in a dishwasher!?  What's the point then, just wash up by hand lol! :laugh:  Tbf though, I can't believe she didn't scrape the sweetcorn into the bin first, that stuff seems to be able to withstand anything! :whistling:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TomsFocus said:

I can't believe she didn't scrape the sweetcorn into the bin first, that stuff seems to be able to withstand anything! :whistling:

It sure does. I worked with a fella once who went by the name of Sweetcorn. You know how it goes working in a factory, you tell one of the lads then by the end of the shift the whole factory knows about it. It involved his wife, probably lots of alcohol and the wrong hole. I will leave it there!:laugh:

Wait...you have to wash dishes before putting them in a dishwasher!?  What's the point then, just wash up by hand lol! :laugh:  Tbf though, I can't believe she didn't scrape the sweetcorn into the bin first, that stuff seems to be able to withstand anything! :whistling:

Sweetcorn is one of the few foods that can pass through the entire digestive system and emerge the other end, virtually unchanged:laugh:

3 minutes ago, WES180 said:

It sure does. I worked with a fella once who went by the name of Sweetcorn. You know how it goes working in a factory, you tell one of the lads then by the end of the shift the whole factory knows about it. It involved his wife, probably lots of alcohol and the wrong hole. I will leave it there!:laugh:

That reminds me of the various medical "emergencies", my ex-business partner said he had to do during his days in the Medical Corp.  The patients were always officers wives, experimenting with things that got stuck, or disappeared :wacko: 

22 hours ago, WES180 said:

I doubt they would be on here. They scan for certain words like BOMB, GUN, TERROR, DRUGS, ooops, i think i might have inadvertently pinged us up on their radar, everyone log off quick!:laugh:

I dont like sirens going off outside my house! Hang on, someones at the door........

It's alright, apparently they don't bother doing anything about the people under surveillance until they drive lorries into crowds or blow something up. :unsure:

Anywho...I don't like visiting my nan this afternoon, for her to fall over on the way to the intercom and be unable to get up.  Luckily someone was leaving the building while I was waiting to be buzzed in so I snuck through the open door lol.  Rung her buzzer and she shouted that she was on the floor...I got the spare key, got in and helped her up and back to the chair.  She seems mostly ok except a very painful knee and having to use a full walker inside instead of a stick for now.  Wish I hadn't gone, she wouldn't have had to get the intercom if I didn't go.  Mad how split second actions have huge consequences.  Getting old certainly isn't fun!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TomsFocus said:

It's alright, apparently they don't bother doing anything about the people under surveillance until they drive lorries into crowds or blow something up. :unsure:

Anywho...I don't like visiting my nan this afternoon, for her to fall over on the way to the intercom and be unable to get up.  Luckily someone was leaving the building while I was waiting to be buzzed in so I snuck through the open door lol.  Rung her buzzer and she shouted that she was on the floor...I got the spare key, got in and helped her up and back to the chair.  She seems mostly ok except a very painful knee and having to use a full walker inside instead of a stick for now.  Wish I hadn't gone, she wouldn't have had to get the intercom if I didn't go.  Mad how split second actions have huge consequences.  Getting old certainly isn't fun!

Sorry to hear that i hope she is ok your right getting old is no joke

• Like 2

Now where do I start! I've been racking up dislikes this afternoon, in the space of 3 hours.  In a journey with 4 stops (2 for Brandy's needs: 2 for mine), that would've normally been a 50-69 minute event.:angry:

Upon walking down to the mk1 focus in the drive.  I find some joker has thrown great dollops of raspberry yoghurt (it could also have fruits of the forest), which had baked on in the sunshine, into a sort of fruit leather.:sad: Wash/ wipe not only wouldn't remove it, if anything, it smeared the still wet yogurt into a creamy haze:sad:

Then there was BMW idiot No.1 in blue 3 series saloon, on the the lower part of A349, who decided to maintain a steady 28mph (in a 60mph zone) when it was impossible to overtake him.  When there was no oncoming traffic he accelerated up to well over 60mph, removing the need to pass him. Yet, having done so, he promptly braked, the moment some oncoming traffic appeared.  As if he thought, a fun thing to do today would be to wind everyone up on the A349. Fortunately, he went right  (in to Wimborne) as we went left to join the A31 .

The A31 eastbound was relatively quite: whereas the westbound was a slow building gridlock, which was odd; as it wasn't leaving time for the factories and offices yet.:unsure: 

The first stop was restocking Brandy's chickens ,necks, tripe and monthly snacks.  They only had one bag of ears, and they won't be having any more ears until mid january:sad: nor were there enough pork swords:sad:  Brandy normally has 4 bags of ears and 4 pork swords; she'll have to make do with a solitary bag of ears and 2 pork swords. 

The nest stop was my chicken farmer mate's farm to get Brandy and Molly a tray of mis-shapen eggs, which he sells for 50p (for about 200 odd shaped eggs)  Eggs that are too big, too small, too thin, too flat, badly formed shells etc; that don't meet his commercial egg customers requirements.  He said he'd just finished wasting 2 hours today, pulling idiots and their Corsas (and a Seat) out of the river that runs through his land (see the  "I like" and "Spot the Vauxhall" thread, shortly)

It was on the way back, now on A31 westbound, we encountered BMW idiot No.2 in a red 3-series estate.  Having previously noticed the slowly building gridlock, I was going to leave the A31 at Canford Bottom traffic light controlled roundabout and take the old road skirting Wimborne to join the A349 (where we left BMW idiot No.1 earlier).  However, just as was going to take my exit, BMW idiot No.2 pulled straight across my front; and stopped.  Causing Brandy to fall of the seat into foot well:angry: with some firm braking.  Leaving me in the hatched zone, where you're not supposed to be in, when the lights change.  To avoid being a hazard to everyone else, I pulled forward with the intention of going all the way round again, to have a second attempt.  As I moved forwards past red BMW  (and the Wimborne exit) he too moved forwards, and did a sort S shaped  manoeuvre,  cutting both me and truck up.  Had I continued in my chosen lane, I would have hit him. :ohmy: To avoid him, I had to take the A31 eastbound exit to go back the way I'd just come from:angry: 

It was naturally too busy to attempt a U turn, so I had to go back to Ferndown roundabout to turn round, and rejoin the now longer slower gridlock, to go back to Canford roundabout. :wallbash:

Because of the delay, when I eventually got to Tesco, there were hardly any any spaces in the car park, not even where (for Brandy's comfort), I park on the far side by the recycling bins.  It was just like mid-morning Sunday. Five times I had to go round the car park one way system, to find a space.  The problem there, is you can join the one way system at several points, so whilst you can see a vacant space 2 rows away, someone else can zip in from another point and grab it before you get there:rolleyes:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TomsFocus said:

Getting old certainly isn't fun!

Past a certain age, that is sadly true.

But if you had not gone round, it might have been someone else who called and triggered the mishap. The fall was due to the infirmity of advancing years, not you. And that someone else might have assumed she was out, and not had a spare key, leaving her there for some time.

My Mother had a fall a couple of weeks ago, it took her quite a long time to get to the phone. My missus was trying to phone her, so was sure something was wrong, but we were 200 miles away. Eventually she answered, and gave us a neighbour's phone no, who rescued her.

She is in hospital now, and Christmas plans are very uncertain, and not looking to be very much fun, this year.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like the feeling in my throat and general hot and cold sensation in my body that makes me think I am coming down with something.  God damn it!!

Mmm :unsure: buys a bottle of whisky on Tuesday, feeling Ill on Thursday! :rolleyes:  :tongue: 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Mmm :unsure: buys a bottle of whisky on Tuesday, feeling Ill on Thursday! :rolleyes:  :tongue: 

Ha... ha... ha...

You are very funny Kevin :mellow:

• Like 1

The new VED system. Guess everyone should stick to cars like Jmurray then. Dude saw this coming before us all.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, GMX said:

To avoid him, I had to take the A31 eastbound exit to go back the way I'd just come from:angry: 

It was naturally too busy to attempt a U turn, so I had to go back to Ferndown roundabout to turn round, and rejoin the now longer slower gridlock, to go back to Canford roundabout.

That Canford roundabout is a complete disaster, except for those on the A31, and even then you often have to stop twice. I think traffic lights on roundabouts are a very stupid idea, and to cut through the centre of the roundabout and add yet more lights is a nightmare. :angry: Turning right off the A31 there can take about 15 minutes. :evil:

Add a load of frustrated, panicky and impatient Xmas shoppers :cursing: into the mix, and it is a recipe for chaos. It must have been horrible. I had to go to Tesco Dorchester, that was bad enough. But at least there were some spaces, even though further away than usual. Crowded shops give me the heeby-jeebies. Yuk. I was glad to get out. Shopping trolley madness.angry.png

I don't like having to hire a car to get up to Derby. It might even be a Vauxhall Corsa:scared:

The droning noise on my Focus got worse on Monday's 450 mile trip to Derby, but still can not be located. I thought it was front wheel bearings, and took it to my usually good garage to confirm & book in. They did not think it was bearings, but could not locate it. In doing a test trying to spin the front wheels with the engine (on the ramp), the ABS / Traction control would not allow it. The inexperienced mechanic was slipping the clutch to try to make it run, and kept on despite it not working. I could not quite see what was happening until a strong smell of burning rubber, and something just like mains gas, filled the area, as he stopped. The clutch must have been red hot. It seems to have survived, but I dread to think of the wear and possible damage. I was not pleased.

I have run out of time & options now, and I dare not take it on a 450 mile trip over a 3 day bank holiday. Great.

We had a traffic lighted roundabout on a main suburban 30mph road here when I moved in, the council realised it was reducing traffic flow at peak times so did a trial of switching the lights off.  They never turned them back on and a year later have just fully removed the lights altogether! :smile: 

Further along to join the dual carriageway there is a large busy roundabout with lights, and that one does work well from 3 ways...but it has 4 entrys and only 3 sets of lights! :unsure:  To enter from the 4th you have to go for it and hope for the best really, there is always traffic coming from your right due to the way the other sets of lights work, and you're almost always stopped on the roundabout by the next set of lights, or there's a line of traffic already there so in the brief point where there's a break you can't go anyway or you'll block everyone else.  It's not helped by the fact half the cars aren't in the right lane and give out confusing indications! :unsure:

But having said that, I think writing the lane arrows on the floor is a daft idea.  You can't see them in the wet and they're usually obscured by other cars until it's too late and you're stuck in the wrong lane anyway. :dry:  Putting it on high signs is a far better idea imo.

However I am glad we don't have the roundabouts they do in Essex, Colchester has several double roundabouts which are impossible...but Benfleet tops it by having one large roundabout with 6 smaller ones on it, so you end up going the 'wrong' way round the big one which is just weird! :laugh: 

• Like 1

That my focus does not have cruise control. Would have made this trip so much more better. Next item on next car check list cruise control

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

We had a traffic lighted roundabout on a main suburban 30mph road here when I moved in, the council realised it was reducing traffic flow at peak times so did a trial of switching the lights off.  They never turned them back on and a year later have just fully removed the lights altogether!

Best news I have heard this month! Quite cheered me up. smile.png But I don't suppose the common sense will spread.

The best solution would be red-amber lights on some entry roads to roundabouts, ie Red = Stop, Amber = Give way as with a normal roundabout. And no lights on the roundabout: once traffic is on the roundabout, it is best to keep it going and get it off the junction as soon as possible. Just use the red lights when needed to prevent one road hogging the roundabout and blocking the next entries. But I do not suppose the average driver could cope with this, and would tear onto the roundabout as soon as the lights turned amber, despite huge lorries coming round to them. ohmy.png

I like road painted signs when traffic is not too heavy, they are close to the normal eyeline. But I know what you mean about when in traffic, I have been caught a few times in a right only lane, seeing the marking when it is already very hard to pull over to the left. Ok if you know the roads, but for visitors, it is not so good. Maybe decent SatNav is the answer, but I don't know how reliable it really is. It may come as a shock to some, but I have never tried it yet!

There is another two way roundabout collection in High Wycombe, even bigger, if I recall. It is a bit odd going the wrong way round it.

• Like 1

I dont like staying in last night when one of my mates wanted me to go out and then still ended up having a splitting head all day accompanied by throwing up, simultaneously having to clench my head because of the pain, migraines eh! Just about got rid now apart from feeling a bit spaced out and other mates want me to go out tonight now!:wacko:

54 minutes ago, WES180 said:

I dont like staying in last night when one of my mates wanted me to go out and then still ended up having a splitting head all day accompanied by throwing up, simultaneously having to clench my head because of the pain, migraines eh! Just about got rid now apart from feeling a bit spaced out and other mates want me to go out tonight now!:wacko:

As a chronic migraine sufferer myself, I feel your pain. 

• Like 1

I don't like terrible tooth-ache!!  Feels like someone has hooked jump leads up to my bottom gums... :sad:

21 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

As a chronic migraine sufferer myself, I feel your pain. 

Yeah, it didnt help having my 9 month old daughter too as my wife was in work. I must admit, i nearly rang her to come home but she was only in for 4hrs and my daughter slept for 2 of them so i soldiered on!

2 minutes ago, jmurray01 said:

I don't like terrible tooth-ache!!  Feels like someone has hooked jump leads up to my bottom gums... :sad:

Get some more of that whiskey down you, purely medicinal of course!:wink:

Just now, WES180 said:

Yeah, it didnt help having my 9 month old daughter too as my wife was in work. I must admit, i nearly rang her to come home but she was only in for 4hrs and my daughter slept for 2 of them so i soldiered on!

I used to have to work through them, as at one point they were a daily occurrence (literally) so I got used to working 50% from my desk and 50% from the toilet... :mellow:

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club