Do Not Sell My Personal Information
The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

Things I Don't Like

MattDRX

I don't like almost T-boning a Skoda which pulled out onto a roundabout just as I was going round!  The driver was looking right at me as well when he did it, so it wasn't even an accident.

Fortunately the Rover has good brakes and a nice loud horn which he got a long blast of.  Idiot! :angry:

• Like 2

Wow your quota for the day sorted then. At least they got what they deserved.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

I asked for a cheeky day off but the reply was in the negative [emoji54]
Still spent half the day doing paperwork so the dogs were bored too.
Means more court time further down the line, always a total nut ache.

Sent from my SM-G930F

10 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

Update on the RTI situation (without adding pre-conceived bias prior to legal proceedings)-
Two counts of TWOC, Two counts of no licence, two counts of no insurance, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, two counts of reckless driving and--- two counts of driving whilst over the prescribed drink/drive limit.
One was already out on licence so has been instantly remanded.
And all this before I even got on duty emoji41.png.

Sent from my SM-G930F

They sound like lovely people, such a shame... :rolleyes:

• Like 1

I asked for a cheeky day off but the reply was in the negative [emoji54]
Still spent half the day doing paperwork so the dogs were bored too.
Means more court time further down the line, always a total nut ache.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Oh your in the K9 unit. Nice. Do you train them as well.

I don't like only discovering a moment ago, (some 4 months after the event:ohmy:), that my auto renewal club membership had taken payment twice; 10 days apart.  How did I manage not to notice the two identical Paypal payments on my November bank statement?:unsure:

Today, Pipper has discovered the joy of digging:mellow:, particularly under bushes, which isn't too bad and doesn't really cause a problem. However, she's also been in the potato beds and the bean beds. I found a potato on the lawn complete with broken and limp haulm:sad:

2 hours ago, Stoney871 said:

Update on the RTI situation (without adding pre-conceived bias prior to legal proceedings)-
Two counts of TWOC, Two counts of no licence, two counts of no insurance, two counts of leaving the scene of an accident, two counts of reckless driving and--- two counts of driving whilst over the prescribed drink/drive limit.
One was already out on licence so has been instantly remanded.
And all this before I even got on duty emoji41.png.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I take it that neither person is owning up to driving hence the duplicate charges? :unsure: Good result by the way :wink:

• Like 1

Oh your in the K9 unit. Nice. Do you train them as well.

Initial training is done by full time trainers but we do train them together prior to initial certification and deployment.
I do carry out regular top up training and 6 monthly recertification.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I take it that neither person is owning up to driving hence the duplicate charges? unsure.png Good result by the way wink.png

They both blamed each other so equally liable.

Sent from my SM-G930F

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Stoney871 said:

They both blamed each other so equally liable.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Lock them both up and throw away the key is what I say!!

• Like 1

One is already there on remand due to previous, the other one is still in custody and will be out on bail pending a court apprarance.

Sent from my SM-G930F

Initial training is done by full time trainers but we do train them together prior to initial certification and deployment.
I do carry out regular top up training and 6 monthly recertification.

Sent from my SM-G930F

I was looking at training a retired dog but they either go to the handler or are put down.

I don't like coming across more little issues (mainly electrical) with the V40!  They certainly don't make them like they used to.  When the MOT expires in June I'll be on the look out for a 1980s or early 90s estate like the 760 et al. 

• Like 2

I don't like having to get up at 0545 on a Sunday morning so we can catch the boat and escape this rock for a few days, Inverness here we come :wink:

• Like 1

I don't like having to get up at 0545 on a Sunday morning so we can catch the boat and escape this rock for a few days, Inverness here we come wink.png

Don't expect nice weather ☹️

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't like being in work while my wife and baby have gone back to bed!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Jonro2009 said:

I don't like being in work while my wife and baby have gone back to bed!

I work Continental shift which is around the clock, each week it either mornings evenings or nights, 

So I understand where your coming from, also every week I'm on nights the side goes from the bed in the morning to the sofa for the day; using the excuse she can't do anything because I'm asleep 😁

• Like 1

Any excuse! My wife just says that when baby sleeps she should sleep, I've had 10 months of that, there must be a limit haha

Your shifts sound worse than mine, I don't do nights purely because I don't like them. Latest I work is midnight and my earliest start is 8. When the wife goes back to work however, she will be 13hr shifts and a mix of days and nights

• Like 1

Your shifts sound worse than mine. LOL

3 x 12hr days followed by 3x 12hr nights then 3 days off, half of which are spent sleeping after the set of nights catching up on you .

• Like 2

I don't like that my HTC 10 is playing up

I don't like running out of tea bags and biscuits, but being too lazy to walk from the house to the car to drive to the shops... :mellow:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Don't expect nice weather ☹️

Aye, it's no very nice down here, should have stayed at home! :smile:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

Any excuse! My wife just says that when baby sleeps she should sleep, I've had 10 months of that, there must be a limit haha

Your shifts sound worse than mine, I don't do nights purely because I don't like them. Latest I work is midnight and my earliest start is 8. When the wife goes back to work however, she will be 13hr shifts and a mix of days and nights

Atleast you have your wife going back to work, mine suit working six months after signing the mortgage ten years ago this month.

three kids now and I've gotten a vasectomy so when this one goes to school she's gettin an effin job 😐

i have a rare position where we do five days of 7-3 but Saturday 7-3 is also available and paid overtime 4 hours time+half 4 hours double theres no Rota for that its part of the contract.

Then 3-11 for five days where Saturday is sometimes available there's a Rota for it and it's 3-9pm double hours.

The nights then are mon-thur night Friday night is 8 hours double if worked and it's part of the contract friday is always available there's no Rota for it neither.

thankfully at present were out the door with business contracts until next year and I've been working six days a week since Christmas only been off Saturday's after nights which I spend sleeping and off every Sunday. 

I'm well glad of it though as I'm saving to finish the down stairs area of the house which isint cheap when all added up looking at a bill of 18,000 euro and she wants it done yesterday 😂 talk about keeping up with the Jones's she doesn't even work and compared our affairs to a particular family where they both work and tries to tell me I ain't doing enough 😂

23 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Atleast you have your wife going back to work, mine suit working six months after signing the mortgage ten years ago this month.

three kids now and I've gotten a vasectomy so when this one goes to school she's gettin an effin job 😐

i have a rare position where we do five days of 7-3 but Saturday 7-3 is also available and paid overtime 4 hours time+half 4 hours double theres no Rota for that its part of the contract.

Then 3-11 for five days where Saturday is sometimes available there's a Rota for it and it's 3-9pm double hours.

The nights then are mon-thur night Friday night is 8 hours double if worked and it's part of the contract friday is always available there's no Rota for it neither.

thankfully at present were out the door with business contracts until next year and I've been working six days a week since Christmas only been off Saturday's after nights which I spend sleeping and off every Sunday. 

I'm well glad of it though as I'm saving to finish the down stairs area of the house which isint cheap when all added up looking at a bill of 18,000 euro and she wants it done yesterday 😂 talk about keeping up with the Jones's she doesn't even work and compared our affairs to a particular family where they both work and tries to tell me I ain't doing enough 😂

Don't take this the wrong way, but you've made me very glad I am single and childless! :laugh:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Turvey said:

Aye, it's no very nice down here, should have stayed at home! :smile:

You probably should have.  Looks like it's about to pour with rain here any minute now!

I don't like my lighter running out of gas, and then finding out that the cigarette lighter in the Rover doesn't work!!  The receptacle supplies power to electrical items but the lighter element does not heat up, so it must be broken or just dirty.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club